MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "New Posts" Indicator for Category with Sub-Forums are not working properly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I really want this to work, as it is a key component for my forum.  My layout has many categories with different subforums; I would like to show members when there is a new post.  This is usually determined by the "lightbulb", but doesn't seem to work properly

I can give an example of this on here (the myBB support forum); the Themes Category has 3 subforums, and on inspection, the ball shows new posts.  If I read all the posts in the subsections, it still shows that there are new posts

[Image: Untitled.png]

Can I fix this on my forum, or does there need to be an update with MyBB?
I can confirm this. I just marked all 3 subforms of the "Themes" forum as read and it still shows as unread for me. I can't remember off the top of my head if this value is cached or not - if it is, it may be that that's causing this problem.

I'm moving this to the bug reporting forum so it can be pushed to GitHub as a bug.
Hi,

Thank you for your report. We have pushed this issue to our Github repository for further analysis where you can track our commits and progress with fixing this bug. Discussions regarding this bug may also take place there too.

Follow this link to visit the issue on Github: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/3398

Thanks for contributing to MyBB!

Regards,
The MyBB Group
(2018-08-17, 05:25 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]I can confirm this. I just marked all 3 subforms of the "Themes" forum as read and it still shows as unread for me. I can't remember off the top of my head if this value is cached or not - if it is, it may be that that's causing this problem.

I'm moving this to the bug reporting forum so it can be pushed to GitHub as a bug.

I can confirm this as well...

The way I've been getting around that is to do a hard refresh (CTRL+F5).
Even with that hard refresh, sometimes, the UNread icon does not *always* change to Read icon. 

I have to do the refresh once or twice more to get it to change to Read icon.

So... you may be onto something about the cache thing.

ADDITION: It doesn't matter which browser I am using. IE, Chrome, or Firefox. This issue shows up in all of them.