MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Board not upgraded after update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I installed the latest version of mybb 1.8.17.  

At this point the forum works fine.

I deleted the new tables that were created and  replaced them with a database backup that was performed.  

After I completed this, I get an error message:

MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.
Error Type:MyBB Error (42)Error Message:Your board has not yet been upgraded. Please do so before attempting to browse it.
Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.

I completed the upgrade.  Not sure why this is coming up.

I can reinstall the software and try again but this is the second time this happened.  Do I import the database  differently?
The install directory [install] still exists on your server and is Not locked.
To access MyBB please either remove this directory or create an empty file in it called lock.

Lightbulb You can check the Documentation Error Messages.
(2018-08-19, 01:56 AM)DiegoPino Wrote: [ -> ]The install directory install still exists on your server and is Not locked.
To access MyBB please either remove this directory or create an empty file in it called lock.

Lightbulb You can check the Documentation Error Messages.

Lock is in the install directory.  It is automatically created after installation.

Quote: ... deleted the new tables that were created
and replaced them with a database backup that was performed
now you have older version's database tables which do not match with the new version's files.
database upgrade is again required through regular upgrade process
and after upgrading tables should not be replaced from the backup
I was not able to upgrade because my admin password did not work when it asked me for the password.

At this point I reinstalled the latest copy of mybb. If I cannot use the old tables how should I move forward with migrating information from the old database?

Should i reinstall the previous version of mybb, if available and run an upgrade?
or
can I move information table by table from old to new?

I can also reinstall previous version from a backup.
^ which version of MyBB you have from the backup ?

its better to install the same version of MyBB,
login to admin panel, ensure that forum is working fine
and then upload new version's files & run the upgrade
(2018-08-19, 04:42 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ which version of MyBB you have from the backup ?

1.8.16?

If that was the previous one.
(2018-08-19, 12:27 PM)jwozni2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-08-19, 04:42 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ which version of MyBB you have from the backup ?

1.8.16?

If that was the previous one.

If that's true, then your password should have worked.

After you did the upgrade but BEFORE you put in the old database, what error did you get when you tried to log in using that password?
I'd suggest starting the upgrade process again. To verify your version of MyBB that your database is on, run the following query:

SELECT * FROM mybb_datacache WHERE title = 'version';

The result will look something like this:

Quote:a:2:{s:7:"version";s:6:"1.8.17";s:12:"version_code";i:1817;}

Can you see the version in bold? That will be the version your database is on. Now you need to get the right set of files to match your database version from here. You want to download the .zip and upload your files as usual. Once you configure your database and files to work with each other, see here to begin upgrading.
So the version was 1812. I reinstalled the software and connected the old database. It appears to work, however I am unable to log into the admin panel. I tried changing the password in phpmyadmin, still cannot get into the admin panel. I also tried running this script:

UPDATE mybb_users SET password = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6', salt = '' WHERE uid = '1';

to change the admin password to test.

Still unable to log into admin panel.

Is there another way I can get access to the admin panel?

Thanks
Pages: 1 2