MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unknown htaccess issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I wanted to protect my website with htaccess. Two locations - public_html and wp-admin (wordpress).

Now I want to remove the public_html protection - my assumption is that I should simply remove the .htaccess file from the public_html. Thats what I did. I kept the one in wp-admin.

Now when I enter my website .. it shows up, and asks me to enter the same login password as the wp_admin.
Why is that? 
I thought that perhaps I can create a new .htaccess file that disables the window that pops up and asks me for my credentials. But how, and is it really what can help me?

Thanks in advance!
That situation should never happen. an htaccess file in a subfolder cannot affect the root. You're better off asking your host for assistance with this - not a MyBB issue at all.
Okay.. I mean, I know that its not related to myBB and I am sorry to describe my situation here. On the other hand - my topic was created under a strong impulse and it was supposed to seek emergency!