MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Text-Editor!! [NEED HELP IN URGENT]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, My text editor just disappeared & it's fine for other users on the same forums. Only for a specific user it got disappeared.
Since the problem is at your (one user) end suggest you to make sure the javascript is enabled on your browser / try with other browser / system and see if it appears or not.
I've tried like every browser via phone and desktops. It's still there. It happens right after when I try to add an image or try to modify topic (Containing images) through (Full Edit). Later on appears like this.... For regular users I've tried once with a regular user it was working fine. This glitch gets reproduced some times & sometimes not.

Here are some samples. These images are taken from same browser without any cache refresh!

https://i.imgur.com/g4TlgOC.png

As you can see in the picture above, I'm logged in with my nick currently. I forced logged into some other user's & this is the result.

https://i.imgur.com/VOGHpo4.png

I'll highly appreciate a fix for this.
Emm, it's not a text editor but showhtread.php?

Did you check that you have enabled allowing img mycodes in your account options? It's not related to script if it's working for other people. Check your account options: User Control Panel -> Edit options if you have selected "Display images in posts". If not MyBB postParser won't parse images correctly (they will be parsed, but not displayed).
(2018-08-21, 08:12 PM)MinusPL Wrote: [ -> ]Emm, it's not a text editor but showhtread.php?

Did you check that you have enabled allowing img mycodes in your account options? It's not related to script if it's working for other people. Check your account options: User Control Panel -> Edit options if you have selected "Display images in posts". If not MyBB postParser won't parse images correctly (they will be parsed, but not displayed).

I mean why would this occur also for some other account when I try to reproduce it? Why would this happen when I'm not manually acknowledging any "Display images in posts". It not only shows images but also it won't show the whole ''Text Editor".

------------

Update---

Thanks a that fixed!!!!!! it.
Hmm most likely you used old 1.6 theme that wasn't upgraded to 1.8 standards, and that's messing up with options. If in templates there are no checkboxes for certain options MyBB would assume you didn't select them and will treat that as if you just disabled them.

As of Text Editor not appearing - it might be the same issue as with images, old theme or simply you disabled it by accident and did not noticed. Another possibility is that if you used 1.6 and simply uploaded new files, you would still have prototype.js file which has been changed to jquery in 1.8. Prototype messes with jQuery and whole javascript thing stops working correctly Smile
(2018-08-22, 11:35 AM)MinusPL Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm most likely you used old 1.6 theme that wasn't upgraded to 1.8 standards, and that's messing up with options. If in templates there are no checkboxes for certain options MyBB would assume you didn't select them and will treat that as if you just disabled them.

As of Text Editor not appearing - it might be the same issue as with images, old theme or simply you disabled it by accident and did not noticed. Another possibility is that if you used 1.6 and simply uploaded new files, you would still have prototype.js file which has been changed to jquery in 1.8. Prototype messes with jQuery and whole javascript thing stops working correctly Smile

Nice, Thanks for the help man. I really appreciate it. Can I seek for your personal assistance for one more request? Can you personally help me update my forums version from 1.8.15 - 1.8.17 ? Last time I did was ending up with new database for forums (all boards erased) or some index.php\\line 5 smth error.

Quick Update:

Never mind, I figured it out somehow.