MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Notification by email on pm was not work anymore.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A few days ago this feature are not working anymore in here.

I have received notifications on pms in the past but now this feature stop working, i have configured it again and same error

I have not received email notifications anymore since this weekend, in past days all goes fine but somehow it stops working in here so i suppose the same will happen into new mybb versions.
Hey Neo,
Did you try changing email configuration to SMTP ? Might be host issue.
I had this issue, and it turned out it was because the following had gone AWOL from the footer template (I can't remember removing it, but it did cause the issue)

<!-- The following piece of code allows MyBB to run scheduled tasks. DO NOT REMOVE -->{$task_image}<!-- End task image code --><!-- UNREADPOSTS_JS -->

After enabling, the big issue I had then was the backlog that was sent overnight  Angry
It is on mybb into my site works fine.

I have received a new private mesage in here.

My settings are fine but i have not mails in my inbox. So it is a problem within new 1.8.18 version.
(2018-08-23, 11:31 AM)Whiteneo Wrote: [ -> ]It is on mybb into my site works fine.

I have received a new private mesage in here.

My settings are fine but i have not mails in my inbox. So it is a problem within new 1.8.18 version.

Just curious...

Have you done the Recount & Rebuild in AdminCP?
OK, same here - we talk about MyBB official board - https://community.mybb.com - emails and notifications are not working - no notification for new PM, reply in subscribed thread, etc. It has started few days ago, must be related to MyBB v1.8.18 update. First of all I thought it is because I disabled email notifications accidentaly but not, tested right now, and not working Sad

OK, solved via Discord. Thank you Euan! It is related only to MyBB community board and this issue was fixed, please try again Smile

EDIT: PMs tested, works fine; Subscribe threads WIP
We didn't poke the mail thingy for a while, did we @Eldenroot ?
We avoided mail and editor issues as both gonna be changed. May be I missed something ...
Yep i think it was on mybb 1.8.18 update due in here is up to date allways before release it.

Thanks @Eldenroot for the confirmation. Now i will go to sleep knowing i will be confirmed on new emails for pms.

And thanks to @EuanT for the fix.

See yah and i will let you know if any issue and i am ready to make the 1.8.18 vesion for my lang and share it into my forums this weekend Smile
Man, I've had this orange for a month now!
Please create a support thread if you are having an issue.