MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: error after upgrade to 1.8.18 - The message is missing. Please enter a message.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
the 1st thing ill say is thanks for the multi file upload option but. 

when i edit my post and put in style colors / bold or any style to the post, it doesnt post it at all 
or tells me that my post is empty and i lost all the post. 

this is something new i m experiencing after this upgrade
i had auto save post plugin which is gone missing after this upgrade so can not restore my lost post. 

Please correct the following errors before continuing:
  • The message is missing. Please enter a message.

any idea how to fix. 
if i find more errors ill let know.
I can't reproduce this. May be more detailed steps ???

Also, regarding your first line in the thread:
Did you bother trying Pre-release Package?
Did you get the error in here community forums which was days back upgraded to 1.8.18?

"maybe no, anyways."
no i didn't try pre release package , i didn't see it coming out .
the error does not come here. maybe something i missed editing in my forum 
i wonder what  Confused

i did use pre release packege of 1.8.17 but 18 i didn't see whn it was released.

usually on my forum i edit post in a way i decorate it, 
till b4 upgrade, it was not showing any error. 
if i edit the post put bigger font size, bold and other color 
it gives that  erorr of msg is missing. 
if i copy paste it again, it posts it

i want to see if this error comes to here as well 
i wonder why on my site it shows up 

na, here it doesnt come. something is changed mybe in postbit that is causing it like no msg is typed in post. i wonder what it is.
Look at the diff report of this PR and verify the changes are there in your files:
(red lines are removed and green lines are added. the template changes can be found under 'mybb_theme.xml' modifications):

https://github.com/mybb/mybb/pull/3216/files

Specially check you have the latest 'thread.js' in place. It now uses an additional visibility parameter and if it is not updated PHP may return null instead of post content.

(also, editing the main post doesn't hide aggression. See that line was like a bug in your post and you have fixed it, same with the releases...)
I have checked all files against those and it is the same
i wonder where the issue is and how to fix this error.

the error is still in

Please correct the following errors before continuing:

The message is missing. Please enter a message.
This upgrade makes a lot of template changes and adds CSS to the global.css, something that many users miss after upgrading.

So @Ronshaan first tell us if this happens on your forum with the default theme, and secondly you need to check your custom theme against the modified templates list here:
https://mybb.com/versions/1.8.18/

Then you need to go add the changes to global.css as well.

As you can see editpost and postbit_edit templates have changes in them.
We have the EXACT same issue on our board now!
https://community.mybb.com/thread-219405...pid1312556
Can you give me some more information about your php version? (Can be found in ACP).
PHP version 5.6.30
(2018-08-24, 12:36 PM)MinusPL Wrote: [ -> ]Can you give me some more information about your php version? (Can be found in ACP).
Okay so your problem isn't connected with too old php version, now I could check it myself. Can I get link to your forum?

I'd like to check it on my own and try to reproduce problem. Of course if it isn't a problem.

Nevermind: found your forum url. Registered. It posted, but I noticed some error right before I had redirection page in console.
Pages: 1 2 3 4