MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ScrollOn 0.0.4 ALPHA (infinite scroll)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Cool plugin Wildcard. I think these would be nice improvements if you want to add them
  • Variable for the number of posts left to be loaded on the show more button
  • Slightly smoother post loading
  • Setting to also use this for threads
  • Ucp settings to disable ajax loading completely
Thanks for your thoughts. I've been kind of stalled out on creating this because a) I didn't realize Shade was already making something like this and b) when I saw Shade's version I wanted to quit coding forever and go live under a rock lol

Seriously, though. Shade's version has a scrubber on the side that allows the user to quickly scroll the page to a particular post, or just anywhere in between. Without something like that, as @Eldenroot pointed out, this plugin is a pain in the butt for long threads.

So, I will have to find the time to try to write my own scrubber before I can continue with this work.

Your thoughts are appreciated and I will take them into consideration when the time comes.
(2019-07-02, 11:05 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your thoughts. I've been kind of stalled out on creating this because a) I didn't realize Shade was already making something like this and b) when I saw Shade's version I wanted to quit coding forever and go live under a rock lol

Seriously, though. Shade's version has a scrubber on the side that allows the user to quickly scroll the page to a particular post, or just anywhere in between. Without something like that, as @Eldenroot pointed out, this plugin is a pain in the butt for long threads.

So, I will have to find the time to try to write my own scrubber before I can continue with this work.

Your thoughts are appreciated and I will take them into consideration when the time comes.

Or...

Collaborate with Shade on this plugin and he might be receptive to this.
(2019-07-02, 02:32 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]Or...

When I last spoke to Shade, he was too busy to be involved. The truth is, if Shade finished his plugin, I'd rather use it than my own. Shade is a fantastic dev/designer.
(2019-07-02, 02:51 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-02, 02:32 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]Or...

When I last spoke to Shade, he was too busy to be involved. The truth is, if Shade finished his plugin, I'd rather use it than my own. Shade is a fantastic dev/designer.

Shade's plugin very closely resembles Flarum's infinite scrolling, I believe that is his goal in making it. So it is unlikely that he will deviate from that. Also there is a chance he will not finish it at all, as he has several other premium and free plugins to update and maintain for his subscribers and as you mentioned he is usually very busy.

I think there is more than enough room for two ajax scrolling plugins, I personally like your approach much more than Flarum's approach. Your approach is simple and works well for boards that have a high number of posts per page.
Pages: 1 2