MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New to MyBB can someone help please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all.

Okay i have just set up MyPP and im having a little problem.

I have mybb hosted on a long url so i have shortend it using the free cjb.net. After doing this i cant log in correctly.

When i go to log in i enter the user/pass and then it says taking you to the boards then it is as beofore and not logged in again. But if i go to the url its hosted on it works, can somone help

Thanks in advance

p.s My site is in my sig if you need to see it for ideas on why its doing this.

Thanks
Hello and welcome! *waves*

I have just signed up there to check out your problem, and I'm sure its something to do with the CJB.NET domain that you're using.
okay, what settings do i need to change to get around this problem. I've tried to mod the setting's by changing the url in there to the cjb one but that didnt work. I've used an url from cjb on phpbb and didnt come accross this problem.

Thanks for the quick response dale

What do you have set in your Cookie Settings (Cookie domain/path)

Admin CP --> Board Settings --> General Configuration
HI Dennis

Cookie Domain = Blank
Cookie Path = Blank

Nothing in those, still as when installed mate.

Well there are a few possibilities I can think of. First, you can see if you can change your cjb.net URL to "redirect" to your forum URL without "cloaking" or "hiding" your address. The disadvantage of this is that users will see the long address.
Second, you can try to change the cookie domain to .street-car.cjb.net
I'm not sure if that will work, but you can give it a shot. If it works though, users won't be able to login through your site at your original/long URL.
Maybe other people will have other suggestions :-S
okay tried those 2 and with no joy Sad

thanks anyhows mate...

Still playing with all the settings :s
Oh Sad Sorry.
np, bugging me as i've not come accross this before. Will just have to hope somone knows the answer. Thanks again for you help guys
use www.freedomain.co.nr You'll get your free domain to be (if chosen) "street-car.co.nr" ...you can turn off the URL cloaking and you can just make it be a 'redirect'. meaning if you went to "street-car.co.nr", it will automatically change back to the original URL.

This is one of the reasons why you shouldn't use redirects for forums. Since, redirect domains use i-frames to cloak or block off your real URL which can interfere with the cookie system of forums (such as IPB and MyBB). I suggest using the above redirect url instead or just don't use one at all.
Pages: 1 2