MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there any way to make a automated User Activation with an Email?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Tittle Says it all
Yes, go to ACP > Login and Registration and change Registration method settings to "Instant Activation"

Cheers
(2018-08-24, 07:47 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, go to ACP > Login and Registration and change Registration method settings to "Instant Activation"

Cheers

That doesn't look right because if you leave it at 'Instant Activation', then there is no email activation involved, the user is automatically activated with no further action by the website.

If the Admin selects the 'Send Email Activation', then that user will be activated as long as they click on the auto-generated link in the activation email. 

I believe that what this original poster was asking for.
(2018-08-24, 10:35 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-08-24, 07:47 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, go to ACP > Login and Registration and change Registration method settings to "Instant Activation"

Cheers

That doesn't look right because if you leave it at 'Instant Activation', then there is no email activation involved, the user is automatically activated with no further action by the website.

If the Admin selects the 'Send Email Activation', then that user will be activated as long as they click on the auto-generated link in the activation email. 

I believe that what this original poster was asking for.

Basically question is not clear from the Original post. What I felt @OP is saying is that if anyone is using email in registration field, the account should be activated. (As email is a required field, I feel instant activation is what he wanted.)

But totally depends on what OP wants to do, I have shared the location so that he can select and try.