MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unable to create threads (MyBB 1.8.18)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, after the upgrade to MyBB 1.8.18 users are unable to create new posts.

This is the error on the board: The message is missing. Please enter a message. 

It is as if the message is not send.
This is the JS error in the console:

[attachment=40749]
Did you test on the default theme first? Then you know if it is an overall problem or a problem with your theme.
It looks like your host does not set php_max_file_uploads variable in their php.
Please tell me what version of php your host uses (check that in ACP).

PS: MyBB should update minimum requirements for MyBB - php 5.2.12 as minimum version of php as in 1.8.18 they are using max_file_uploads php var from php.ini and this one was added in 5.2.12.
(2018-08-24, 12:35 PM)MinusPL Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like your host does not set php_max_file_uploads variable in their php.
Please tell me what version of php your host uses (check that in ACP).

PS: MyBB should update minimum requirements for MyBB - php 5.2.12 as minimum version of php as in 1.8.18 they are using max_file_uploads php var from php.ini and this one was added in 5.2.12.

Yes exactly Smile
@OP: you can even ask host to add this variable.
(2018-08-24, 12:35 PM)MinusPL Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like your host does not set php_max_file_uploads variable in their php.
This answer is incorrect. The error message refers to a Javascript variable defined in template "post_javascript" which seems to be missing.
Yeah I must say there are 2 posibilities: There's two options: one - missing max_file_uploads, second - not updated templates with post_javascript on top, where the actual value is passed to js.
Actually no. A missing PHP configuration option never causes said Javascript error.
And the line:
post.js?ver=1800

Should be for MyBB 1.8.18:

post.js?ver=1818

As Ashley1 said, check the default theme first.
(2018-08-25, 08:34 AM)NoRules Wrote: [ -> ]And the line:
post.js?ver=1800
Should be for MyBB 1.8.18:
post.js?ver=1818

Doesn't matter really, if your cache is clean.
Hi effone,

I was trying to point that the post.js version show that even he updated the forum, the theme it's not updated, and for example the newthread, newreply, etc. templates are using the old:
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/post.js?ver=1813"></script>

(That shows the php_max_file_uploads error)

And not the new one:
{$post_javascript}
Pages: 1 2