MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick reply auto-subscribes users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there, 

I upgraded my board to MyBB 1.8.18 yesterday. Most things have run smoothly; however, we did run into a bug resulting from the upgrade. One of our users reported that she was receiving alerts from replies to her subscribed threads - even though she hadn't set up any subscriptions, and her default thread subscription mode was set to "Do not subscribe". 

After a bit of investigation, I found that the code to handle thread subscriptions from Quick Reply (in newreply.php) has changed in MyBB 1.8.18, and this seems to be mishandling the "Do not subscribe" option. 

I've reverted this section of code to what was in MyBB 1.8.17 and earlier, which seems to have fixed the issue for now; however, I'm hoping that a more permanent fix can be found for future releases.

Thanks Smile !
same problem here
We have pushed this issue to our Github repository for further analysis where you can track our commits and progress with fixing this bug. Discussions regarding this bug may also take place there too.

Follow this link to visit the issue on Github: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/3415

Thanks for contributing to MyBB!