MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: It's 2018 and there is no official MyBB mobile/responsive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2018-08-28, 01:00 AM)Whiteneo Wrote: [ -> ]I have written my theme since mybb 1.8.14 arrives the same day i have uploaded due i have it finished for 1.8.13 a day before next major release.

And yes it is very hard to mantain all plugins, mods and more due it is responsive and tableless but many plugins breaks and it is a tootache to deal with all that stuff.

We have to wait for an official mybb responsive design Smile

But you can give a try to DNT Advantage it is free and acomplish all that many months ago Smile

@Whiteneo

I like the look of DNT Advantage... but... 

Do you have a dark version of this theme? That would be super nice!  Cool
I have to think about it but it is a good thing mate first i have to rewrite for 1.8.18 version and when all goes fine i should work into a dark version, due i have mybb darkness but it is not responsive at all but almost the darkness solution for now Smile used into many sites with darkest colors.
I appreciate the kind and professional answers by the MyBB team. Thanks for allowing me to blow off some steam.

@whiteneo I will give your theme a go. Thanks for your hard work.
Thanks i will allways try to keep up to date all my projects.

And now i can catch issues more easily due i am using it into my site for mobile suite Smile
Tried the free version of your theme, but registration form all broken. I guess my users back to 2009 again.

[Image: iu0tNzS.jpg]
As i said by private message, that is a premium in development project, can you support the development of it that way i can put an effort on it.

Anyways i have send the mirrors of the current project in live boards, only copy the code that is all, have you an ideas of the edition of more than 400 editions / customizations ?

Well then you only have to update 5 templates and done.

I have changes more than 200 templates to make it works even you can contribute into the project or what are your current aportations to the mybb scene ?

I have more important things to do than give to all free support and non paid jobs and asap. So yoy have to wait until i release new versions but with thin insistence i only keep it for users who have contributed within the mybb project and no one else.
(2018-08-27, 05:36 AM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]I suggest you should probably read up on 1.9 and 1.10 before continuing to make threads about this.

I’ll summarise for you:

We all agree we should have a responsive theme but we are working on 1.9 which will bring a new default responsive theme and changing over to Twig. All templates have been converted to Twig and Justin is currently working on the responsive theme.

really? You're saying 1.9 will be responsive? very nice. So where is the 1.9 version?

Is it really that hard to make a responsive theme for developers who can develop such a software ? the Year 2020 is Approaching and still no such thing as you mentioned.

How many years do we have to wait for a responsive default theme?

I don't want to pay 200 dollars for a forum software but I cannot use mybb because it is not responsive.

Note: I don't want a 3rd party theme.
Pages: 1 2