MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: domain expired then changed to new domain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I changed my domain then my forum doesnt load completely now. I changed the url  and the path of cookies at the database but still the same. I've read also that i have to change the url at the cp of the forum but i cant access it. I don't also have the settings.php in my files as i've read that i have to change the url there. Thank you in advance.
you don't have access to admin control panel (ACP) - how do you propose to run a forum like that?
Your settings file is located at ../inc/settings.php. Changing your Board URL in your ACP (or database) wouldn’t stop the forum from working completely at all. You may have another problem there. Can you provide us with a URL?

You may also need to see here.
Hi, thanks for helping me. That was the first thing i have looked for to solve the problem, the settings.php but i don't have a file settings.php in my inc folder. So tried to research and i found that i could change it in my database. I change all the url with my old domain to new domain, if im mistaken it was the settings in db. Actually it was mydomain.net to mydomain.in. So i changed all the mydomain.net to mydomain.in. Few years ago, the original site was mydomain.in and decided to change it to mydomain.net. But lately the mydomain.net expired and decided not to renew it and used mydomain.in. It loads but not completely loading. I couldnt access the control panel of the site after i changed the domain because it wasnt loading completely. I hope it is ok to pm you my site. Thanks
Is it allowed to bump a thread here? I really need help. Thanks