MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: BBCode in calander
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is their a plugin, or just a simple way to do this.

In my admin I can change the colour of events, but I want to be able to pick a colour for each event title, for example:

[color=red;]Meeting Canceled[/color]
[colour=green;]Meeting[/color]

Maybe BBCode in the title of the event? A plugin? Or is their anoyher way?

Clarky.
Sorry, only the body of event calendars are parsed for MyCode. MyCode in the title can mess things up (especially images or tables).
I have to ask, how could mycode in the title mess things up? Is their just a simply edit I could do, just to try it?
Clarky Wrote:I have to ask, how could mycode in the title mess things up? Is their just a simply edit I could do, just to try it?
This
could potentially mess things up... Also, using [img] tags in the title wouldn't be very good.

For these reasons, I don't think this has been made.
rh1n0 Wrote:
Clarky Wrote:I have to ask, how could mycode in the title mess things up? Is their just a simply edit I could do, just to try it?
This
could potentially mess things up... Also, using [img] tags in the title wouldn't be very good.

For these reasons, I don't think this has been made.

you are all the right
Hmm, Would their be a way of adding it but limiting the usage? I only want to use the [colour] tags? Or is the a simple way I could edit the calender tpl's, Ill just not use [img] tags, since I dont want to anyway.

Because it would be quite simple just to add the bbcode into the calender.php or the tpl's, so it recognises it. I just dont know what the php would be.

Clarky.
Surely their must be a way to add the MyCode to the title, but limit its usage? To only allow [colour] tags, or [b] / [i] ?

Clarky.
Two things:

1) Don't double post / bump your thread unless 24 hours of inactivity have passed.
2) Don't PM staff about this issue when this thread is trying to deal with it.

Ok, now that you understand those two simple rules maybe someone will make a plugin for it. I can see how it would be useful to some people, but it won't be made a feature of MyBB for the simple reason that it is useless to about 99% of users.
Unfortunately even text type MyCode can mess up titles (imagine specifying 92pt sized fonts).
The only thing I want to do is use the colour tags. Is their no way of making a plugin, or code modification to be able to use MyCode in the titles of events BUT possibly limit it to just using [color] [b] [i] tags, so it wont allow the use of other tags.

Or, is their a code modification that could be published, but like just in the terms or whatever state, use of tags other than [color] [b] [i] may mess up the tables etc.

Clarky.
Bump?