MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cannot Edit Soft Deleted Posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings,

After the most recent update, we are no longer able to edit messages that have been soft deleted. I swapped back to the Default MYBB styling, and the Edit Post button is completely removed on soft deleted posts.
You need to compare and update your templates against the list of templates that have changed. They are listed here, at the bottom of the page. After that there is some CSS that is added to global.CSS

https://mybb.com/versions/1.8.18/
Thank you for the reply, I will do this.
How can you edit a post which logically does not exist (deleted) ? You can't. That is it should be like.
Restore and edit.
(2018-08-31, 09:13 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]How can you edit a post which logically does not exist (deleted) ? You can't. That is it should be like.
Restore and edit.

This is wrong. We've always been able to edit soft-deleted posts. We've used this feature as a way for supermods to have "private" conversations on a user-submitted thread. After this update, this feature was broken and has yet to be fixed.
Its not "BROKEN". Its made that way ...
You can't perform an action on something that doesn't exist. Not only edit several actions are disabled on deleted post.

Can you edit a file which is in your trash? No. You need to restore it.
It indeed is broken, no quotations needed.

Why was this feature removed in the first place? Admins should be allowed to edit deleted posts, especially seeing as we can see deleted posts. I don't understand why this feature was tampered with. A deleted post is not comparable to a deleted file on a computer.
No point of argument. Take a mass opinion, if majority agrees a setting for the same can easily be implemented to support both the behaviors as per admin's choice.