MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to change editor default font
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2018-09-23, 06:56 PM)eskandrany Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-11, 03:34 PM)NoRules Wrote: [ -> ]
.post_body {
    font-size: 14px;
    padding: 12px 0;
}

And add inside whatever effect you want.

Save it and remember to press Ctrl+F5 to clear cache and see the changes in your browser.

Hello its working but the problem now the members can't use right or left align , yes i want the default is center align but in the same time the members can change it right or left if them want that.

You wanted the default center aligned, that's what you got. 

You should have left things alone, that way you don't have extra issues to worry about.
(2018-09-24, 01:50 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]You wanted the default center aligned, that's what you got. 

You should have left things alone, that way you don't have extra issues to worry about.
Yes i just want the default center but in the same time the users can change it to right or left when them need that.
Is there also a way to let users not change the font-size?

We have a person who inserts text by copy&paste into the editor window from a Word-Document which looks terrible as the formatting is unfortunately also transferred with big and small words by random.
(2024-01-29, 08:17 PM)RobRo Wrote: [ -> ]Is there also a way to let users not change the font-size?

We have a person who inserts text by copy&paste into the editor window from a Word-Document which looks terrible as the formatting is unfortunately also transferred with big and small words by random.

Think this less about default editor font size, and more about pasting text in WYSIWYG mode.  Post needs to be in Source mode to prevent this from happening.

Quite a bit of discussion on this, but I would edit the user in the ACP, and put the editor in source mode by default for that user.  Of course they can change it in their UserCP, but perhaps they won't. Rolleyes

I tell our users in a FAQ, to user Source mode for any paste operation:
(2024-01-30, 10:24 AM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]Quite a bit of discussion on this, but I would edit the user in the ACP

Very good. I will do this!

BTW: Can I do this setting anywhere in the settings as standard for everybody?
(2024-01-30, 10:24 AM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]Quite a bit of discussion on this, but I would edit the user in the ACP, and put the editor in source mode by default for that user.  Of course they can change it in their UserCP, but perhaps they won't. Rolleyes

I tell our users in a FAQ, to user Source mode for any paste operation:
(2024-01-30, 11:45 AM)RobRo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2024-01-30, 10:24 AM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]Quite a bit of discussion on this, but I would edit the user in the ACP, and put the editor in source mode by default for that user.  Of course they can change it in their UserCP, but perhaps they won't. Rolleyes

Very good. I will do this!

BTW: Can I do this setting anywhere in the settings as standard for everybody?

Not in the ACP.  Some database work.  Would take an alter table then an update table query I think.
and change of some templates, so the users can't do it back
Ok, I understand.

PS: Which is your preferred editor for mybb-users?

Or do you use the standard editor of mybb?
I prefer standard editor for my boards
(2024-01-30, 05:41 PM)RobRo Wrote: [ -> ]Or do you use the standard editor of mybb?

source and typing code by the hand.
Pages: 1 2 3