MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: access the cp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My domain expired so i don't have access with the cp and  tried to use a new domain for my forum but still couldnt access it because it is not fully loading. I need to have access with the cp so i could change the configuration for the new domain.  I can't find any settings.php too in my inc folder. I tried to change the path and cookies settings at the settings in db but still the same. Thanks
what is your current domain url ?
settings.php file should have been automatically created in inc folder
Can i just pm you the domain for my privacy? Actually around 2012 it was mydomain.in then changed to mydomain.net. But i still owned mydomain.in when i changed it and redirected to mydomain.net. But lately i decided to just let expired mydomain.net and changed it to mydomain.in. The problem was i forgot to change the configuration before mydomain.net expired. I was also thinking if changing it around 2013 from mydomain.in to mydomain.net affected the lost of settings.php. I forgot to mention that i just converted it from kunena to mybb around 2015. Thank you.
if there is no settings.php file in inc folder then you can create it with writing access to system (CHMOD 666 should work)
(2018-09-02, 06:20 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]if there is no settings.php file in inc folder then you can create it with writing access to system (CHMOD 666 should work)

Thanks. So you mean i will create a settings.php. What will i put in? Can you post all the lines? Just dont post my domain and i will just edit it. thank you
just create empty file & visit your forum. that should store settings from database to the file.
then you can edit it to change domain, cookie settings .. etc.

after putting correct domain & cookies in settings.php file ,
you should be able to login to forum admin panel. then those settings should be again
changed
at the Site Details page of Configuration section in forum admin panel.
Thank you so much for helping me. I am very happy being part of mybb family! Thanks!