MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cerise Theme Missing Sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So some of the issues with not updating is related to either cache or something else. IE, if I change the code in the xml and reimport the theme again, it works. But editing the css within mybb, and refreshing the browser, doesn't work. So, that is probably why your recommended changes didn't work.

Thus, I'm figuring it out lol.

Thank you for your help!

Also, as far as text editor goes, no, I did not need to edit the core file jquery.sceditor.mybb.css. I just changed

.sceditor-container iframe, .sceditor-container textarea {
background: #202020 !important;
}

to

background: #6b6b6b !important;
}

In your xml file. Smile Now the editor has a lighter gray color and the text is readable. Smile
(2018-09-09, 06:00 AM)Skirmy Wrote: [ -> ]So some of the issues with not updating is related to either cache or something else. IE, if I change the code in the xml and reimport the theme again, it works. But editing the css within mybb, and refreshing the browser, doesn't work. So, that is probably why your recommended changes didn't work.

Thus, I'm figuring it out lol.

Thank you for your help!

Also, as far as text editor goes, no, I did not need to edit the core file jquery.sceditor.mybb.css. I just changed

background: #202020 !important;
}

to

background: #6b6b6b !important;
}

In your xml file. Smile Now the editor has a lighter gray color and the text is readable. Smile

I am aware that changing the background color of the editor also works to make the editors forced #333 visible but also changes the existing design/color scheme and was not what was originally asked on the contrary the text in the editor was what you requested changed to be more visible for you with the existing design hence the instructions on how to do just that via editing the previously mentioned css file. See as I also stated before when you start changing design elements in a completed design you often create more work for yourself than you originally anticipated for example now that you changed the editor background color it will not match any of the input, textarea, selects, search input, etc etc and all of those will need to be changed as far as their backgrounds to match your one background change. You may even now have to change background hover color too if it tends to blend too closely to your new background changes. Food for thought. Hopefully that finally makes sense as I stated alot of this before.  Also I never stated at all a suggestion of editing the xml.  I stated if you needed to do a ton of replace edits then in advanced editor for theme individual css files cut copy & paste into a text editor or ide and use its find and replace functions and copy your edited css back into advanced editor. Editing via the xml file could cause other areas that are not your focus to be replaced if you use replace all function and say that area not of your focus has same hex, text or code.
Pages: 1 2