MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Alternative Way on Providing a Credit for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, 
Can I do an alternative way on providing credits to MyBB?

I thought of posting a pin thread that has announcement about "Our forums is powered by the MyBB forum software".
Or creating a MyBB as a staff in the meet the team section.

I thought of this because I am asking permission weather it is allowed to provide an alternative attribution to MyBB.
(2018-09-03, 05:23 AM)mybb-board Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, 
Can I do an alternative way on providing credits to MyBB?

I thought of posting a pin thread that has announcement about "Our forums is powered by the MyBB forum software".

I thought of this because I am asking permission weather it is allowed to provide an alternative attribution to MyBB.

As long as you keep it something similar to this: Powered By MyBB. Honestly, there's no need to change it. It's simple and that's all you need to get support from MyBB.com. 

The most important thing is to keep the Footer template code as shown below. 

<span id="copyright">
				<!-- MyBB is free software developed and maintained by a volunteer community.
					It would be much appreciated by the MyBB Group if you left the full copyright and "powered by" notice intact,
					to show your support for MyBB.  If you choose to remove or modify the copyright below,
					you may be refused support on the MyBB Community Forums.

This is free software, support us and we'll support you. -->
				{$lang->powered_by} <a href="https://mybb.com" target="_blank" rel="noopener">MyBB{$mybbversion}</a>, &copy; 2002-{$copy_year} <a href="https://mybb.com" target="_blank" rel="noopener">MyBB Group</a>.
				<!-- End powered by -->
			</span>
		</div>
	</div>
</div>
<!-- The following piece of code allows MyBB to run scheduled tasks. DO NOT REMOVE -->{$task_image}<!-- End task image code -->
{$auto_dst_detection}
</div>
Do you want to remove the footer info ? Is that why you want to give credits elsewhere ?
(2018-09-03, 05:23 AM)mybb-board Wrote: [ -> ]I thought of posting a pin thread that has announcement about "Our forums is powered by the MyBB forum software".

This is not acceptable according to policy - others have come here and made the same type of threads and been denied support, just so that you know.
I don't see why people want to remove copyright - it's just basic block of text. Nothing more Big Grin
There needs to be something similar to “forum software by MyBB” or something in the footer of every forum page. It doesn’t have to be text as such - you can use an image to prevent your site showing up in searches trying to find sites running MyBB for example. We’re fairly flexible on the wording really.
Lol, I haven't even touched the footer  Big Grin
And wasn't intending to do things with it, I really don't mind at all, after all I was only curios  Big Grin

Also I suggest adding a mentioning system... Just like Vanilla and I was planning on changing from MyBB and Vanilla but I would just regret it and also I love the design though! Also I do hope that new mobile friendly default theme for MyBB 1.9 will be as good 👌