MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Blockquote or jscript or editor oh my
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Love the seedu theme

https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...w&pid=1155

But the quotes are hard to read.

[Image: seeduquote.jpg]

I tried going into themes/seedu/global.css and editing blockquote, but it didn't seem to work. Someone also mentioned you had to edit blockquote in jscripts/sceditor/textarea_styles/jquery/sceditor.default.css but that doesn't seem to work either. Another post said you had to edit editor_control_bar in global.css.

None of the above seem to do the trick.

I'm stuck.

Anyone got any ideas?
Perhaps modify your blockquote and codeblock background colors and further modify to your specific theme.

Further blockquote styling tutorials perhaps of interest:

https://community.mybb.com/thread-206116.html

https://community.mybb.com/thread-216635.html
Well, changed it to black, didn't work.  This was in the themes global.css.  Tried adding !important to it after the color code as well.  I just don't get it.

blockquote {
border: 1px solid #ccc;
margin: 0;
background: #000;
padding: 10px;

.codeblock {
(2018-09-05, 05:53 PM)Skirmy Wrote: [ -> ]Well, changed it to black, didn't work.  This was in the themes global.css.  Tried adding !important to it after the color code as well.  I just don't get it.

blockquote {

.codeblock {

This is the wrong code to alter for what you want - and what you want is not clear from the limited screenshot you post.

The editor's output will eventually be controlled by the blockquote code in global.css, there's also blockquote code in css3.css, but that's mostly for round borders.

While working in the editor itself, there is additional blockquote code which will be in the jscripts folder. First you need to determine which editor style your theme is using in ACP then go look to modify it in the jscripts folder.
(2018-09-05, 05:53 PM)Skirmy Wrote: [ -> ]Well, changed it to black, didn't work.  This was in the themes global.css.  Tried adding !important to it after the color code as well.  I just don't get it.

blockquote {

.codeblock {

For what the op is requesting..., the op should not be seeking to edit core files..., this is purely a theme issue if you actually look at the seedu theme..., the font colors are all wonky in this theme thus appearing to make it look broken..., but it is really that the theme designer just for an example made alot of text #333 or other design conflicting colors when it is not needed and it makes the text blend into the #333 or other design conflicting  background colors....,

example modifying seedu theme:
[Image: zodfz9.png]

* though on quick look there are alot of other issues that need to be looked at with this theme....

Some minor modifications made to seedu theme as shown above and a few other things modified while testing this on 1.8.18:

[attachment=40787]

* there are still alot of other issues that need to be looked at with this theme, but it is not my theme nor do I currently have the free time to do further.
* there are still alot of other issues that need to be looked at with this theme, but it is not my theme nor do I currently have the free time to do further.

Thanks for the update! That's what I thought. I prefer to use cerise! lol. Just that weird font awsome issue and the reply text is very dark.

Thank you again!