MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to combine forums at the portal?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am wondering how you would be able to combine two different forums to display together on the portal.php page. For example, if I had forum ID 1 and 2, I would like the threads both displayed on the portal page. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
This is for the news announcements right? The large column?
Yes, that is correct.
You can try this in portal.php:
Instead of:
$query = $db->query("SELECT p.pid FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX."posts p LEFT JOIN ".TABLE_PREFIX."threads t ON (t.tid=p.tid AND t.dateline=p.dateline) WHERE t.fid='$settings[portal_announcementsfid]' AND t.visible='1' AND t.closed NOT LIKE 'moved|%' ORDER BY t.dateline DESC LIMIT 0, $settings[portal_numannouncements]");

Replace that with this:
$query = $db->query("SELECT p.pid FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX."posts p LEFT JOIN ".TABLE_PREFIX."threads t ON (t.tid=p.tid AND t.dateline=p.dateline) WHERE [b](t.fid='$settings[portal_announcementsfid]' OR t.fid='<your forum id>')[/b] AND t.visible='1' AND t.closed NOT LIKE 'moved|%' ORDER BY t.dateline DESC LIMIT 0, $settings[portal_numannouncements]");
Excellent, thank you very much!

One more question: How do I remove the avatar of the poster on the portal page? I do not want that to be shown. Thanks again!
Go into your Admin CP --> Templates --> Expand Your Template Set --> Expand Portal Templates --> Edit/Change Original "portal_announcement"

Find:
$avatar

And remove it Smile
Thank you very much, you have been very helpful!