MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum seems unable to send emails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My forum has just gone live, and I have hit a problem with outgoing emails.

The first two members have just registered, but did not receive their activation emails. I know the members went through the correct steps because I can see them in the member list, flagged as "awaiting activation".

As a test, I tried sending an email to each of them via "Send <user name> an email" in the user's profile. Neither of the emails arrived.

I have checked that "Registration Method" is set to "Send email verification" in Admin CP -> Login and Registration Options. Also, in the users's account settings, "Receive emails from administrators" is ticked, and "Hide email address from other members' is un-ticked.

And, of course, the members have checked their respective spam folders.

Can anyone suggest where I am going wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Mike
Have you taken a look at https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/faq/mail/ ?
Ben,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I followed the link you provided. I uploaded and ran the test script. It reported that "Mail was sent by PHP", indicating that the PHP Mail function is working correctly. However, despite several attempts, the mail still didn't arrive (and I triple-checked the spam folder).

Curiously, I then tried running the script with some different destination addresses. The only one that worked was a Gmail address. The addresses for all the other providers failed.

I will contact the web hosting company, but before I do, I was wondering if you (or any of the other helpful people here) had any further ideas, in the light of the above.

Mike