MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: performing tasks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I would like you to explain to me I programmed the massmail task so that it sends itself automaituqment every minute by putting well the * but it does not work is it the case for you?
I would advise against running the massmail every minute. You risk getting blacklisted by multiple mail services. Are any of your automated tasks running by themselves? Check to see if the following line is in your footer template:

<!-- The following piece of code allows MyBB to run scheduled tasks. DO NOT REMOVE -->{$task_image}<!-- End task image code -->
Hello,

yes the code given above is present but the task does not start at the scheduled time and I do not know why there is not a cron job to do is at the server?
I created a cron job on my server to call the URL defined in {$task_image} because my server does not get enough traffic.
(2018-09-13, 05:38 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]I created a cron job on my server to call the URL defined in {$task_image} because my server does not get enough traffic.

Good evening

Thank you for your answer would you show me the commander of the cron task?
The task will only run if at least 1 user is present on the forum. Alternatively you can rely on your system timers to do this. See here.
Good evening
Thank you for your answer my concern is when I mass mail the mail from not unless I manually execute the massmail task
the mass mail is set to send out a few emails per * you will send them just not all at once so your server IP, The IP that send the email will not be blacklisted and then your emails will automatically go to the spam folder.

Think about in this way ever 15 mins it send a batch of users an email.
Hello

I agree with what you said to me but then why my mails create via massmail only send me if I (perform the task massmail? manually and not automatically
(2018-09-13, 06:12 PM)lesny Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-13, 05:38 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]I created a cron job on my server to call the URL defined in {$task_image} because my server does not get enough traffic.

Good evening

Thank you for your answer would you show me the commander of the cron task?

*/2 * * * * root wget -O /dev/null https://www.mydomain.com/forums/task.php > /dev/null 2>&1

Replace with your own URL.