MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fault on 1,8,18 Upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I hope you can help. I have had my forum upgraded to 1.8.18 by my ISP. Now it's not working but my service provided states they have upgraded it properly and have dropped out of the issue.

When I try to sign on I get this statement...

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function my_hash_equals() in /home/lookafte/public_html/lnbib2g12173009.info/TTAOBAL/inc/functions_search.php on line 128"

Looking through this forum I find that there may be problems with password protected forums, which mine is. The solution is to overwrite the inc file by the one provided here. I have done this with no effect.

Can anyone perhaps point me in the right direction? Unfortunately, my technical knowledge is not great.

Thanks in advance,

Barry
See here. Overwrite your files with those. I would also recommend upgrading to the latest version of MyBB.
As far as I know I already have. As I understand it, fix-3409.zip contains the file to upload, that is the inc file. The code detailed in https://github.com/mybb/mybb/pull/3413/files detail the modifications to the inc file.

I have just overwritten the inc file again without any improvement. It seems obvious I am missing something here, but I don't know what it is.
What are you using to upload the files?
I'm using FileZilla