MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Warning that you go to a new page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My last thread was locked, do not know what the topic should be, would have been better if moderator might change the title instead of locking it? I do not know what that is called and therefore I can not give it an exact title. But a moderator might know?

So I wonder what this is like all the time, what does it have for a function? Why I wonder is that I consider between forums to decide which forum I will have, then I would like to have answers. Should this be seen all the time for members? What is the purpose? Did not see anything like other forums that have something like this strange.

https://community.mybb.com/attachment.php?aid=40843
It's actually a very useful feature. It's a confirmation after an action. Users have the option, each one on his/her own, to turn it off in their control panel, under edit options. Or, you as admin can turn it off globally in ACP -> General configuration -> friendly redirection pages.
Right now I'm just a member here and do not want to be the orange.

A confirmation of an action? I have written some posts and already I've been tired of the orange. Is it better in addition to it taking a minute of 10 posts? 10 minutes to watch that orange? Can you show me examples of other forums that have something like that?
(2018-09-15, 07:20 PM)Swedia Wrote: [ -> ]Right now I'm just a member here and do not want to be the orange.

A confirmation of an action? I have written some posts and already I've been tired of the orange. Is it better in addition to it taking a minute of 10 posts? 10 minutes to watch that orange? Can you show me examples of other forums that have something like that?

On your website, go to the AdminCP and do the following as shown in the screenshot below...

[Image: 311336a3abfc66a0be33ed313bcbcca3.png]
I do not have mybb as a forum, I look over and the disadvantages, at the moment, mybb seems just a lot of disadvantage. As a member here I do not want that orange.
Something you like and are used to may not everyone like, why not start a poll and listen to the users, are they the one to listen to and what the developers think? That is how a forum is moving forward.

Should perhaps think why so few use myb?
click https://community.mybb.com/usercp.php
then
1: click EDIT OPTIONS
2: UN-CHECK the box where it says SHOW FRIENDLY REDIRECT
3: Click UPDATE OPTIONS

DONE

See image
I do not need to install, I have already got an idea of how myb is. Clean the junk if you ask me. Look at mybb and phpbb and see how many people use different forums so you have answers to your own answers.

As I said, mybb is very much behind. Just two simple things you have not fixed. Notification is something general, not optional. And that thing that comes up when you move on to the next page, type a warning thing? :-D A great forum for children.
Before I forget, you can ask yourself why so few translate mybb into other languages? : -d
When creating a support request thread titles should be descriptive and relatable to your problem. It's very simple - you're given a fair warning of that before posting a thread in the Ways to get your questions answered quicker. Users should start taking responsibility for their actions if their thread is closed, it's closed within reason and after a warning.

As for the warning pages, they're generally there for when an action takes place or you're being redirected elsewhere. You keeping referring to an orange, are you fond of Vitamin C? How did you link displaying a warning to "a great forum for children"?

If you don't want to see it then as others said, User CP > Edit Options > Other Options. Untick Show friendly redirect pages. Here's a link to the page if you can't find it. You can test to see if it worked by clicking "Log Out" at the top of the page. If you don't see a warning page, great, it worked. Problem solved.

This thread doesn't seem to suit it's current forum it's in.