MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Backup Restored but MyBB doesn't see it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've successfully restored my database backup using bigdump but the problem is MyBB is still the same! I mean backed up users, threads, posts, settings nothing really restored...is there a special trick to do with mybb files? (when I check phpMyAdmin it shows that backed up database is restored but as I said MyBB didn't see the restored sql file)

Please help me, thanks Rolleyes
Did you restore the database over the old one?
No I did not. I deleted the old one and created a new DB exactly the same with old parameters (same dbtype,databasename,hostname,username,password,table prefix). Then I restored the backup using bigdump.
Go into your settings...and save something as it most likely needs to rebuild your settings.php file.

You basically need to make sure all cache is rebuilt as well.
You will have to recount and rebuild everything in your forum (in your Admin Cp), also rebuild the cache. If nothing changes, please let me know.

Regards
I receive this error :

MySQL error: 1054
Unknown column 'b.olddisplaygroup' in 'field list'
Query: SELECT u.*, f.*, b.dateline AS bandate, b.lifted AS banlifted, b.oldgroup AS banoldgroup, b.olddisplaygroup as banolddisplaygroup, b.oldadditionalgroups as banoldadditionalgroups FROM tflmezun_users u LEFT JOIN tflmezun_userfields f ON (f.ufid=u.uid) LEFT JOIN tflmezun_banned b ON (b.uid=u.uid) WHERE u.uid='1' 

When SQL file was backed up it was version 1.2.1, what i install right now is 1.2.9.btw my friends are gonna crucify me!!
try using the files that where on your sever when you back up your copy of mybb

as i think there has been some SQL update for the version you back up on but not sure
Run the upgrade script.

(/install/upgrade.php)
destroyer Wrote:Run the upgrade script.

(/install/upgrade.php)

yep forgot that one lol yes that may help
destroyer Wrote:Run the upgrade script.

(/install/upgrade.php)

thank you very much Big Grin this one worked