MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Edit History problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Arggh, my bad, I f-ed up when moving my forum from one host account to another. I was having such problems with downloading a full backup, so when my host offered to give me one I forgot to disable all plugins.

I now can't get the Edit History plugin to work. I've tried disabling and enabling it. I've tried deleting all the files for the plugin. When I upload them again, the plugin shows as installed immediately. There must be some code somewhere which tells it that.

Luckily the forum itself has no other issues, but I and my moderators really like this plugin, so we would be so grateful if someone could help us fix it.

Thanks!

I've recreated the forum on my wampserver, and I can get the plugin to work up until when I click "Compare", ie after having clicked "View Edit History" in the post. Then I get this message:

( ! ) Fatal error: Class 'Text_Diff_Renderer' not found in C:\wamp\www\forum\inc\3rdparty\diff\Diff\Renderer\Inline.php on line 33
Call Stack
# Time Memory Function Location
1 0.0000 205680 {main}( ) ..\edithistory.php:0
2 0.2060 7167264 require_once( 'C:\wamp\www\forum\inc\3rdparty\diff\Diff\Renderer\Inline.php' ) ..\edithistory.php:112
I ran File Verification in ACP and it showed that 6 files in inc/3rdparty/diff/Diff were outdated - from 2011. I checked old backups and they also contained these outdated file versions. I have no idea how these files managed to stay outdated even though I as recently as when I upgraded to 1.8.17 from 1.8.15 made a full upgrade. Anyone understand how this could happen?

Anyhow updating these six files solved my issue with the Edit History plugin. It's working now.
I’ve had weird issues with files not updating in *nix operating systems before.