MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installation upload - not accepting folders?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, 

I'm a complete newbie and am trying to work my way through the installation process.

While I am trying to upload the contents of the /upload folder, it won't upload the folders inside the folder?

So I've gone through to upload all of the files insides the folders individually but I am still not sure if this is correct? Do they need to be uploaded in their folders? Am I uploading EVERYTHING in the upload folder? 

And also, in every folder there is index.html - won't let me upload more than one of this file or it will override? Do I need to upload this?

Can someone please tell me -

Am I uploading every single folder under the upload file?
What about when there are multiples of the same file name and it won't let me upload both - ie admincp.js, announcements.php
module_meta.php
and do I need to upload the folders under upload as folders?

I am uploading them under public_html in my cpanel file manager hosting. 

Thank you in advance for anyone who is able to assist.
You need to upload all files and directories. If your file manager doesn't let you, try a FTP client like FileZilla.
As StefanT instructed use an FTP client, FileManager with cPanel does not allow drag and drop of all the files (which is frustrating as all get out).

All the files and folders within “Upload” should be highlighted (selected) and then moved into your public_html section. If there are files that are multiple just overwrite them (FilzeZilla will notify you with that option).

I have noticed with FileZilla though sometimes file permissions get messed up so be sure they follow this guide: https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/administration...rmissions/
Thank you soooooo much for the replies guys!

Ok, I'll give filezilla a crack, see how I go.

Are there any instructions on here for how to use filezilla? I just downloaded it but not sure what I should be doing...
(2018-09-19, 08:39 PM)lime_green Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you soooooo much for the replies guys!

Ok, I'll give filezilla a crack, see how I go.

Are there any instructions on here for how to use filezilla? I just downloaded it but not sure what I should be doing...

If anyone is fresh like me I am following these instructions for upload using Filezilla

https://secure.hitdirector.com/knowledge...Zilla.html