MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bonehead First Install Can't Find/Remember Admin Info
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Click on the link in my sig, to confirm your cookie settings are correct. Although you can't get into admin...

If you have an htaccess file at the root with caching rules, that could be causing a problem with the MyBB installation.
looks like I generated a cookie path but like you say, can't get in to admin. Is there another way to apply thos cookie settings?

"If you have an htaccess file at the root with caching rules, that could be causing a problem with the MyBB installation."

Over my pay grade I'm afraid.
can we have your forum url ..
what do have at the root? wordpress perhaps?
Wordpress yes
Then you may have a similar problem wrt caching as this user:
https://community.mybb.com/thread-219044.html

As to why you can't get into Admin, i don't know. You may want to provide your URL as suggested.
How you managed to install MyBB in directory with space in name?
It would be better to just have forum directory instead of "mybb forum".
your cookie settings are correct, although you have a space in the URL. I would recommend changing the path /mybb forum/ to /mybb_forum/ If you do you need to remember to change the path in the ACP settings as well.

You should sort out that htaccess first, there is not really anything you can do on the MyBB side for that. You can read through that thread that i pointed out, no point in rehashing everything here again.
yeah thought that space might be an issue but was no problem to install

Thanks for all your help. I'll remove/reinstall in to another directory with no space and see what changes. On the other hand if it truly is this difficult with caching settings etc. I'll just try different BB software. Don't need the pain as my time is too valuable.

Created a simple directory/forum and reinstalled. Seems to be OK now.

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH for your kind and professional help.
Pages: 1 2