MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bonehead First Install Can't Find/Remember Admin Info
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK, feel pretty dumb but must have created admin account when installing but can't for the life of me remember the user name password. Is it in the FTP files somewhere or do I have to re-install reset password etc.?
have you tried using forgot password link at the login screen of your forum ?

if you are comfortable with using SQL queries then you can try using below SQL query
(assuming that your user ID is 1)
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `salt` = '', `password` = 'requiredPassword' WHERE `uid` = '1';

[common SQL queries guidance]
Thanks .m. I would hope that it wouldn't be that simple for another user to access admin password by using the forgot password link.

Not comfortable with SQL queries thanks
They would need to know the admin email address and the authentication details for it, so no it won't be that simple.
Still thrashing. I logged in and it appears I am the Administrator but don't see an admin cp.
How long ago was it that you installed MyBB? Was it so long ago that your host php version may have changed? If you're seeing a white screen it's probably a php error. You need to turn error reporting on in your host control panel to see what the error is.
..and it says Hello There Guest, even though I have logged in a few times. When I click on 'please welcome our newest member (user name here) it shows my profile as administrator. and yet still says Hello There guest

Thanks Ashley - Just installed last night. Logged in this morning, apparently as the admin but can't get to any admin cp

and seems to consider me a guest even though I am logged in. hmmmmm
The second problem sounds like a caching problem. Where did you install mybb into - a subfolder, a subdomain or at the root of your domain?
(2018-09-20, 01:17 PM)LHawes Wrote: [ -> ]..and it says Hello There Guest, even though I have logged in a few times. When I click on 'please welcome our newest member (user name here) it shows my profile as administrator. and yet still says Hello There guest

Thanks Ashley - Just installed last night. Logged in this morning, apparently as the admin but can't get to any admin cp

Looks like you have a 'cookies' setup issue.

That needs to be fixed before you can login properly.
Installed in to a subfloder

How would one fix a 'cookies' setup issue?
Pages: 1 2