MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Delete User Groups.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I am unsure how to delete the user groups, I want to delete the groups circled in the attachment. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Stevie
(2018-09-22, 10:25 PM)BetaStevie Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
I am unsure how to delete the user groups, I want to delete the groups circled in the attachment. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Stevie

Hmmm...

Don't see any attachments.
https://gyazo.com/a05c56193d161c3d78eb44275728a94f
Click that ^. I want to delete the super moderators and guests role

(2018-09-22, 11:30 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-22, 10:25 PM)BetaStevie Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
Thanks
Stevie

Hmmm...

Don't see any attachments.
Deleting usergroups will cause you more troubles than not and is not recommended at all. Especially the Guest usergroup. Why do you need to delete the usergroups? The Guest group is self-explanatory as to why it's needed - without it, what would your site visitors be classed as? Just don't use them.
(2018-09-23, 12:19 AM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]Deleting usergroups will cause you more troubles than not and is not recommended at all. Especially the Guest usergroup. Why do you need to delete the usergroups? The Guest group is self-explanatory as to why it's needed - without it, what would your site visitors be classed as? Just don't use them.

I want to redo the permissions and it would be easier with a fresh slate, can someone just answer my question?
I've answered your question, but to clarify, don't do it. If you want to redo your permissions then by all means go ahead, but the ID of those groups you're referring to are used within MyBB's core, meaning if you delete the groups and redo them they'll be given a new gid (Group ID), meaning your forum will break. But hey, it's up to you... You can delete them with a simple SQL query:

DELETE FROM mybb_usergroups WHERE gid IN (1, 3);
(2018-09-23, 12:20 AM)BetaStevie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-23, 12:19 AM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]Deleting usergroups will cause you more troubles than not and is not recommended at all. Especially the Guest usergroup. Why do you need to delete the usergroups? The Guest group is self-explanatory as to why it's needed - without it, what would your site visitors be classed as? Just don't use them.

I want to redo the permissions and it would be easier with a fresh slate, can someone just answer my question?

As stated already, it's NOT wise to delete the original user groups like Guests.

Why not create a duplicate user group (for example - Guests Group Two) using the same credentials as the 'Guests' usergroup, then change the permissions and whatnot for the 'Guests Group Two?

That would be a far more practical way of handling this.