MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Restore old posts after upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just upgraded to the latest version, however this removes all of the previous posts.
I had backed up the database so I deleted the tables and imported the backup.
It now says theres an error (see attachment). It says it needs up grading.
Surely there is a procedure for importing previous posts?
What do I do now?

(2018-09-23, 05:57 PM)thudson1066mfc Wrote: [ -> ]I have just upgraded to the latest version, however this removes all of the previous posts.
I had backed up the database so I deleted the tables and imported the backup.
It now says theres an error (see attachment). It says it needs up grading.
Surely there is a procedure for importing previous posts?
What do I do now?

I think I've screwed it up!
Should read the instructions clearfully.
I reimported database from backup, tried doing /mybb/install and got the remove lock file, then continued with install, but it seems to have stuck onthe following screen.(see attachment 2).
How do I get out of this mess?
Even though you've reimported an older database it'll still ask you to upgrade because your core files have been updated and are no longer on the older version. The best thing to do in this scenario is to start again from your backup completely (core files and database backup).
found a copy of the mybb 1810 on my Downloads folder so wiped the mybb files on the server and copied the Upload files to mybb root folder. Ran install and loaded new copy to the folder.
Then logged into PHPMyAdmin and deleted the tables, then imported the backup copy I did yesterday before I started the upgrade.
everything was fine when I went to the mybb page on my website, but was version 1810.
As per the upgrade instructions I copied the Upload files for version 1819 to overwrite the 1810 ones.
Put the URL .../mybb/install to start the upgrade.
clicked on upgrade and entered the correct version 1810.
ckicked the next button and it said that 'Performing necessary upgrade queries...'
But even after an hour the screen did not progress to the next stage.
Can't see that I've done anything wrong, so why is it hanging?
See attachment
[attachment=40873]
Did you try clicking Next again?