MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom Profile Fields to User Group
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey folks, 

I was wonder if anyone has done this before. I have the Config Profile Fields (https://docs.mybb.com/1.6/Admin-CP-Confi...le-Fields/) plugin installed. I have custom user groups and I have those custom fields in my registration form. 

What I would like to see is, can you have a person select a custom profile field on the registration form and then have them added to one of the specific groups I created instead of the "registered" group?

Thanks
Mike
I don't believe custom profile fields work like that. You'd need a custom plugin - try this.
(2018-09-24, 10:16 AM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]I don't believe custom profile fields work like that. You'd need a custom plugin - try this.

Hey there, 

Thank you ... I found this plugin yesterday and am working with it. 

Cheers

(2018-09-24, 10:16 AM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]I don't believe custom profile fields work like that. You'd need a custom plugin - try this.

Sorry, one question for yah ... do you know how I can make this a required field in the registration form?

It all works great, but just shows it as an option and not required. 

Many thanks.