MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom Theme Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dear developers/designers,

As the title suggests I am searching for a person that is capable of making a custom theme for my (upcoming) community.
Lately I've been searching for the perfect theme but the offer is minimal, mainly due to the fact these are free themes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Theme I am looking for:

Theme of the forums: Harry Potter.
Kind of community: Gaming community.

Colors:
  • Primairy color: Orange (#ff9000)
  • Sub colors: Gray, Black, White.
  • Theme skin: Dark themed.
Layout:
(in order)
  • Nagivation system (full witdth).
  • Banner as background (full width) includes my logo in center with the name of the community.
  • Login (Steam login integration plugin support). Includes support for MyAlert (apparently lots of forums don't support it). 
  • Forum itself.
    Forum specification, illustration of what it should look like:
  1. Use the color codes I've given..
  2. Use good looking headers for each category.
  3. Each forum section (FIDs, the forums under the category) can be set with a background image. So the name of the forum section and the discription must be in it. Amount of threads and posts is optional in it but must be included in general.
    Attatched to it I want the latest post without the background. There should be no spacing between the different forum sections and no sections next to each other under the same category.To illustrate how it kinda looks like: https://community.mybb.com/thread-215636.html
  4. Please use the orange color in a very sleek way.
  5. Side box nicely designed and includes:
    1) Forum stats.2) Latest Threads/Posts.3) Room for custom text, like a link to discord.
  6. The background can include an image and is kinda visible, so the total forums width shouldn't be 100%.
  • Footer, simple footer that includes ofcourse your copyright and mine. 
Requirements:
  • Must have experience and backup portofolio.
  • Capable of speaking the English language fluently.
  • Has time for the project.
  • The forum must support the following plugins: Steam intergration, MyAlert, Any post rating system (that includes things like: agree, disagree, funny, like, dislike, etc... rates) and Shoutbox.
  • Great contact. I want to be able to update the forums with the MyBB updates. Not that I am stuck with a broken forums after like one update.

Extra:
  • Your input and thought of design is very very appreciated. I hope that the 'teamwork' between us will result in a beautiful website.
Payment and applying:
  • Ofcourse such a custom theme needs a payment in return, I am willing to pay.
  • Some sort of guarantee system that I will get the agreed forum when I pay. Preffered that I pay after the demo!
  • Apply by a post here (either post that you mailed me or post your application). Application should include: Name - Contact details - Portofolio - Payment System - Suggested Price.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to ask any questions/start discussion in this thread. If I forgot to add something let me know, I'll appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Jul
Something offtopic. Why are you investing in a heavy theme when 1.9 is on the door steps ? Wait a bit as 1.9 is a big overhaul on the theme side.
(2018-09-24, 12:00 PM)meetdilip Wrote: [ -> ]Something offtopic. Why are you investing in a heavy theme when 1.9 is on the door steps ? Wait a bit as 1.9 is a big overhaul on the theme side.

Good question, haven't thought about that. Thanks, will look at it!
(2018-09-24, 10:52 AM)playerNumOne Wrote: [ -> ]
  • Preffered that I pay after the demo!

I doubt you will get any quality bites with this as a requirement.
(2018-09-24, 01:11 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-24, 10:52 AM)playerNumOne Wrote: [ -> ]
  • Preffered that I pay after the demo!

I doubt you will get any quality bites with this as a requirement.

One bite is enough (joke), however I am open for suggestions that would be secure for both parties or if someone has a very trusted reputation.

However, thanks to the previous post by meetdilip I am postponing the project for this moment. 
1.9 is coming soon and makes alot of changes to themes and templates. So wouldn't be smart to do it now if there is going to be a huge change.

The project would still be needed after the update!
Just take in mind that 1.9 is not for live boards is the pre releas as allway for his next mybb version 1.10

So you have to wait until 1.10 arrives you have not to use pre releases on live boards anyways.

And if you ask for that all stuff it is fine due there are many untrusted users around. I have experienced many of them asked for plugins, themes, etc and want the same allways live test and then they have ripped all the contents so for now i will use the live video only and if we can deal we do it. I allways offer support and have entire comunication, my english is not fluid and sometimes we have to talk more to agreed in both parts, anyways with my own language clients allways have many problems due users think they know what they want and all at the end is very different than expected so i will work more than required for that types of plugins, themes.

Butnow i allways seek for trusted users and can you show that you are trustfull user on paid requests, do you have a portfolio of satisfied purchases ?

I think and i know many of the users never talk about the good things or good deals, but when they have experienced someting bad allways are around telling the people that those users are untrusted and many bad things about the contact, purchases, selling, etc.

You can find many users with hq works but many of us are very bussy because life and pendant jobs and the family, work, etc.

Just to say something because i have contacted many people but only counted ones are trusted ones and i prefer to deal with that guys allways even if they are only 3 Smile
(2018-09-24, 08:15 PM)Whiteneo Wrote: [ -> ]Just take in mind that 1.9 is not for live boards is the pre releas as allway for his next mybb version 1.10

So you have to wait until 1.10 arrives you have not to use pre releases on live boards anyways.

Hmmmm forgive me but when 1.9 is released i am pretty sure it will be for live boards unless something has changed massively is the release timeline.
(2018-09-24, 09:44 PM)fishntassie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-24, 08:15 PM)Whiteneo Wrote: [ -> ]Just take in mind that 1.9 is not for live boards is the pre releas as allway for his next mybb version 1.10

Hmmmm forgive me but when 1.9 is released i am pretty sure it will be for live boards unless something has changed massively is the release timeline.

Yes, previously odd minor numbers (x.Y.z) were used for test versions (thus 1.2, 1.4, 1.6, 1.8 were the stable ones), but this unusual practice will change with 1.9, and terms like Alpha, Beta and RC (Release Candidate) will be used instead.
I have seen it now so all mybb structure was changed since 1.8.x series by the way it was a shame all make sense in the past, now all goes like crazy things. MyBB 2.0 never will come then if the things goes like that it was suposed that 1.8 will be the end of series 1.x to focus into 2.x series.

Then after many many users asking you may decide to focus into 1.10 and 1.9 is on the backend by the first glance, but now i can see you have thinked 1.9 then 1.10 and 1.11 and so, anyways is nice to know it but confusing and break all mybb sense,
Well anyways good luck with your request Smile I will not break anymore the subject request hahaha.
Best suggestion is to use an exiting theme till 1.9 comes out, I am sure there is already a theme which can match your requirements(after few edits) Smile
Pages: 1 2