MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Required Field on Registration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey folks, 

Sorry if this question has been asked, I did some searching but found no result that works. 

But, does anyone know how I can make an option on my registration form a required field?

I am wanting to make this dropdown a required field (Practice Path Thread Group) ... url: https://arraydesigns.ca/thezenforum/member.php

Many thanks,
Mike
In the ACP :

ACP >> Configuration >> Custom Profile Fields >> Add New Profile Field >> Display on profile? >> Set to YES

[Image: Captura_de_pantalla_2018_09_25_a_las_10_25_23_a_m.png]

Big Grin
(2018-09-25, 03:28 PM)DiegoPino Wrote: [ -> ]In the ACP :

ACP >> Configuration >> Custom Profile Fields >> Add New Profile Field >> Display on profile? >> Set to YES

[Image: Captura_de_pantalla_2018_09_25_a_las_10_25_23_a_m.png]

Big Grin

Hey there, 

Thanks for the post ... yes I have done this, sorry I should have mentioned. This works great, but on my registration form the drop down is actually the "Pick Group Register" plugin (https://mods.mybb.com/view/pick-group-on-registration). I am needing folks to choose a specific group, which then gives them access only to a specific forum for read/write, but then read for the rest of the site. 

I know you can do this manually via their profile, but was wondering if it can be done on registration ... which it can via this plugin, but I want to make sure folks choose their group. 

Any thoughts?

Many thanks
Mike
As far as i know it is not easy to do. It's going to require code changes to your plugin, so you are asking in the wrong forum.
(2018-09-25, 06:54 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]As far as i know it is not easy to do. It's going to require code changes to your plugin, so you are asking in the wrong forum.

Yah, that is what I thought ... thanks for your reply. I will reach out to the plugin developer and see what they have to say. 

Cheers
Mike
So basically you want to use this plugin BUT force them to pick a group, meaning it cannot be left blank?
(2018-09-27, 05:20 PM)isoldehn Wrote: [ -> ]So basically you want to use this plugin BUT force them to pick a group, meaning it cannot be left blank?

Yes that is correct. 

Cheers
Mike