MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Tutorial Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi!

I've seen all sort of tutorials about Font Awesome and how it can be used to replace MyBB icons. However it seems that none of them work with the latest FA 5.x icons. So I am asking for someone skilled enough to make a tutorial on how this can be done. I am sure many people agree with me on this one.

Thank you!
which mybb icons in particular ?
Postbit icons, menus, pretty much everything? Old ones are good but I think it needs a change of style to make it look a bit more modern.
Not possible, too many icons. In any case there already are tutorials for the common ones. The fact they don't work for FA5, just means you have to learn how FA5 now works. There's documentation on the FA site for that.
Guys, any way how to replace old post icon by something better (nicer)? I would like to use FA5 icons for that purpose, but as you wrote it would be impossible. Any icon pack or something, thank you!
post icons and smilies are not easy to change. Can be done, but you have to edit the core code files.
I use emojione package for smilies, so I just need to replace post icons... anyway any tip for a modern icon pack?
replace image with image or image with CSS ? You can actually download and use the FA5 as images, but i see that you have to leave credit when doing that, not sure how that would work.
Hmm, use FA as images would be enough and still better than you these old icons. I will try it this week and let you know the result.
OK, I tried to replace all post icons by FontAwesome icons - I just downloaded FontAwesome icon in .svg and convert it to .png image. It looks better than now, but better way would be nice!
Pages: 1 2