MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Edit signature error 403
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

One of my users just brought this to my attention and I can't solve it. She is unable to edit her signature as savng or previewing any changes brings u a "403 forbidden" screen.

I checked with a few other users and some are having the problem and some are not.

I have checked the group permissions and everything allows signatures when registering. I can't see anything wrong with the groups.

I was running 1.8.17, but I upgraded to .19 in case .17 was to blame, but it is still doing it.

Can anyone suggest anything?

Thanks, Sam
I was going to suggest checking IPs against any possible banned IPs list, but then it would affect more than just signatures. permissions won't cause a 403 error, but a blocked IP will.
I think it might have something to do with groups, but I've checked them all and can't find anything that jumps out at me and says "here's the problem!"
looks like mod_security is affecting.

if you can turn it off from your web host control panel then try it.
or contact your web host and ask to check the error log & add related whitelisting rules.
If this is only happens for some users and for those users it most likely is happening when users input quotation marks and or apostrophies in signatures then .m. is completely correct that you may need to discuss with your host about the need to disable mod_security and or also suhosin.