MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb file system failure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good day, after upgrading my mybb installation from .18 to .19 my with the aid of the softcalous app installer my website has been down saying there's a file system failure. The website is Rvolutionize.com
(2018-09-30, 02:23 PM)Owner0 Wrote: [ -> ]Good day, after upgrading my mybb installation from .18 to .19 my with the aid of the softcalous app installer my website has been down saying there's a file system failure. The website is Rvolutionize.com

Are you using a FREE hosting company?

If so, that is part of the problem.
(2018-09-30, 03:26 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-30, 02:23 PM)Owner0 Wrote: [ -> ]Good day, after upgrading my mybb installation from .18 to .19 my with the aid of the softcalous app installer my website has been down saying there's a file system failure. The website is Rvolutionize.com

Yep, I am. Was to upgrade to paid hosting but I haven't had the time because of exams. Is there a way I can just get the database of my forum so I can upgrade the hosting service. Thanks for your response.
(2018-10-01, 08:01 AM)Owner0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-30, 03:26 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]

Yep, I am. Was to upgrade to paid hosting but I haven't had the time because of exams. Is there a way I can just get the database of my forum so I can upgrade the hosting service. Thanks for your response.

That's a good question, it depends on the hosting company.

If you have access to cPanel or something similar, then you can extract a backup of the database of your website from there.

If no access, then politely ask the hosting company to provide you a backup of the database. 
Do NOT mention anything about moving to another hosting company. 
They do not need to know what you are planning to do.