MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Invisible Recaptcha - PW Reset Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A member has tried to reset his PW, but couldn't get past the email stage as it flags up "Please complete Recaptcha", but the Recaptcha doesn't appear

I was able to replicate and to solve I simply switched from Invisible Recaptcha to the normal Recaptcha

So I think there is an issue with Invisible Recaptcha on the reset PW page
You have to add all changes to your theme, because there were some template changes due to Recaptcha.
Yes, I know - I added the changes and the template was the same as the default MyBB template, but still have the issue. When I change to the normal Recaptcha it appears fine
Does invisible Recaptcha works for registration?
Yes - fine for registration (had to test to be sure, but it appears to be fine, and I have seen new members around the date the issue occurred)

For reference, below is my member_lostpw template, which is the same as the MyBB Default - {$errors} & {$captcha} is included, so not the issue

<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']} - {$lang->lost_pw}</title>
{$headerinclude}
</head>
<body>
{$header}
{$errors}
<form action="member.php" method="post">
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td class="thead" colspan="2"><strong>{$lang->lost_pw_form}</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1" width="40%"><strong>{$lang->email_address}</strong></td>
<td class="trow1" width="60%"><input type="text" class="textbox" name="email" value="{$email}" /></td>
</tr>
{$captcha}
</table>
<br />
<div align="center"><input type="submit" class="button" value="{$lang->request_user_pass}" /></div>
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_lostpw" />
</form>
{$footer}
</body>
</html>
Can you try it on a fresh MyBB install?
I can confirm this bug. After some research I've found out, that the submit button needs have the name "submit" or id "quick_reply_submit". In the default templates this button has neither the attribute "name" nor "id". Wink
I'm having the same issue. Is there a fix for it? I've been unable to use the Invisible. Captcha for months.
Hi,

Thank you for your report. We have pushed this issue to our Github repository for further analysis where you can track our commits and progress with fixing this bug. Discussions regarding this bug may also take place there too.

Follow this link to visit the issue on Github: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/3520

Thanks for contributing to MyBB!

Regards,
The MyBB Group
Thanks!