MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Replies from quoted posts not appearing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone,

I've run into another problem that I can't seem to get solved that's been very frustrating for some of my users, but what's more frustrating is that I can't seem to reproduce it, and when it does, it's random as to when it occurs.

The problem they're running into is that whenever they quote a single or multiple posts, the quoted post(s) show up fine in their reply, but their reply doesn't appear at all. I've attached a sample of what it looks like below (highlighted in purple):

https://imgur.com/j2mApKO (I linked instead of embedding it because of the image size)

I can't seem to replicate this issue on my installations of Chrome for Windows, Firefox for Windows, or Safari for OS X, but the only possible lead I can find on this it most often happens with users of Safari for iOS. Some others have reported this issue with Microsoft Edge and Chrome for OS X, but I can't reproduce it on those platforms.  Confused

Here's how the problem is reproduced:

1. The user either clicks the Reply button on a single post of another user, or selects multiple posts to quote.
2. The user enters in the reply to their post.
3. The user submits their post.
4. Their post with the quoted post(s) appears, but their reply doesn't.

The forum is running MyBB 1.8.19, and this issue has been persistent for the last few months.

This problem occurs in all forums, so unfortunately it's not limited to a single thread or post.

The forum URL that's having this problem is www.49ersfaithfulforum.com. If needed, I have a login that I can PM the staff if needed if someone needs to log in and take a look around, since a login is required.

Many thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

- DOZ
Hi again everyone,

I'm getting increased complaints from users on the board this issue is appearing on. Does anyone have any ideas I could try to see could work, or is there more information needed from me?

Thanks,

DOZ
test user account is required so that someone [might not be me] can check the issue
(2018-11-28, 03:32 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]test user account is required so that someone [might not be me] can check the issue

Sure, I can provide a test admin account if either you or someone else could help. Could I send it via PM? Smile
Ok, I think I might have found something, and I might have a corrupted template somewhere. I created a new theme and template set and had one of the affected users try quoting and replying to a post from her affected device, and she's not getting any errors.

That's great to hear, but unfortunately for me, the default theme and template is rather heavily customized, so I'll probably have to create a fixed version from scratch. Sad

I'll keep working on this, and if I do find the root cause, I'll post it here for anyone else that may run into this issue.