MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change the color of thread/author
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=40953]
So I have a template installed. My only problem with it, is when a thread is posted, it shows some light purple color, and I would really like to be able to change it to read if possible. Can someone help a noob to the section where the color could be changed? Picture is provided. [Image: hwD71z]
This looks like a deleted thread, not a regular thread.

Regardless, right click on the thread(where you want to change the color) and click "Inspect".

A window on your right should pop up with the site's template and the CSS that is used for that specific style of thread(so if it was deleted, that's how all deleted threads would look like). Since you know what the CSS says, you can use this to find where it is located in your theme. Most of these will be found in global.css , so I would suggest looking there first.

Here's an example - https://i.imgur.com/9qSmGD6.png
You can see that in the bottom right I have the CSS that is being presented, each of the separate lines can be "checked" to be active or not, so you can see that the "background: rgb(36,36,36) none repeat scroll 0% 0%;" was unchecked, causing half of my threads to turn to the default background color(which on my theme, is black)

If you're having trouble figuring out which one you need to modify, you can also click on the color box right after where it says "background:" and it will bring up a menu to 'change' the color locally. You can use the magnifying glass to click on the color you wish to change, and then just CTRL+F the color (either #abcdef or rgb(0,0,0,0) ) in your "Advanced Style Editor". Make sure the class names are the same (in my example, .trow1 {}).

To change the color for everyone globally, go to Admin CP > Themes and Templates > Themes > YourTheme > global.css > Advanced Style Editor.

I'm sure someone else who is more qualified than me will give you a much better way of doing this but this is how I've gone about setting up my site and you tend to get the hang of it pretty quickly, and it's always nice to see changes done locally before implementing globally.
(2018-10-04, 11:09 PM)IWStv Wrote: [ -> ]So I have a template installed. My only problem with it, is when a thread is posted, it shows some light purple color, and I would really like to be able to change it to read if possible. Can someone help a noob to the section where the color could be changed?

In global.css find:

.trow_deleted,
.post.deleted_post {
	background: #E8DEFF;
}

And change to your desired hex
(2018-10-05, 12:19 AM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-04, 11:09 PM)IWStv Wrote: [ -> ]So I have a template installed. My only problem with it, is when a thread is posted, it shows some light purple color, and I would really like to be able to change it to read if possible. Can someone help a noob to the section where the color could be changed?

In global.css find:

.trow_deleted,
.post.deleted_post {
	background: #E8DEFF;
}

And change to your desired hex
I didn’t even know it was just a soft deleted thread. I can’t seem to completely delete the post tho, is there a way to disable soft deleted threads easily so this doesn’t happen in the future?
(2018-10-05, 01:57 AM)IWStv Wrote: [ -> ]I can’t seem to completely delete the post tho, is there a way to disable soft deleted threads easily so this doesn’t happen in the future?

Go into AdminCP -> Configuration -> Posting and select no for the setting Enable Soft Delete for Users

Then edit editpost.php

At line 283, change this:

if($mybb->settings['soft_delete'] == 1 || is_moderator($fid, "cansoftdeletethreads")) 

with this:

if($mybb->settings['soft_delete'] == 1 && is_moderator($fid, "cansoftdeletethreads")) 
(2018-10-05, 03:08 AM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-05, 01:57 AM)IWStv Wrote: [ -> ]I can’t seem to completely delete the post tho, is there a way to disable soft deleted threads easily so this doesn’t happen in the future?

Go into AdminCP -> Configuration -> Posting and select no for the setting Enable Soft Delete for Users

Then edit editpost.php

if($mybb->settings['soft_delete'] == 1 || is_moderator($fid, "cansoftdeletethreads")) 

with this:

if($mybb->settings['soft_delete'] == 1 && is_moderator($fid, "cansoftdeletethreads")) 

I did the first thing, however my template only has like 75 lines..

(2018-10-05, 03:13 AM)IWStv Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-05, 03:08 AM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]

Then edit editpost.php

with this:

I did the first thing, however my template only has like 75 lines..

it actually only has 58.
(2018-10-05, 03:13 AM)IWStv Wrote: [ -> ]I did the first thing, however my template only has like 75 lines..

no, no, not a template edit, it is a core edit:

* go into your forum root directory and find editpost.php and edit it in a text editor