MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How can I set two different themes for Mybb Desktop and Mobile Version?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Mybb default theme is a good interface on desktop versions but I need how to make a different theme for mobile phone screen responsiveness as the default theme is not responsive on mobile screens.
I'm trying to find a way to make the site operate on two different themes for mobile and desktop, any help please?
(2018-10-05, 07:13 AM)spottykay Wrote: [ -> ]The Mybb default theme is a good interface on desktop versions but I need how to make a different theme for mobile phone screen responsiveness as the default theme is not responsive on mobile screens.
I'm trying to find a way to make the site operate on two different themes for mobile and desktop, any help please?

You can download one of the FREE themes in the Extend section of MyBB. Look at the upper right-hand side of your screen and click on the word 'Extend'.

I recommend this THEME for your website. 

Or chose one of the other themes listed HERE.
Unless you use a MyBB Go Mobile plugin, you will have to a responsive theme to even have a mobile version. In that case, the theme adjusts itself when viewed on mobile. But that will be the same theme. I am not sure you can use 2 different themes here other than providing a theme switcher option.
(2018-10-05, 07:13 AM)spottykay Wrote: [ -> ]The Mybb default theme is a good interface on desktop versions but I need how to make a different theme for mobile phone screen responsiveness as the default theme is not responsive on mobile screens.

(2018-10-05, 07:44 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]

You can download one of the FREE themes in the Extend section of MyBB. Look at the upper right-hand side of your screen and click on the word 'Extend'.

I recommend this THEME for your website. 

Or chose one of the other themes listed HERE.

Thanks, the themes are responsive both on mobile and desktop. The NetPen is much better.

(2018-10-05, 08:54 AM)meetdilip Wrote: [ -> ]Unless you use a MyBB Go Mobile plugin, you will have to a responsive theme to even have a mobile version. In that case, the theme adjusts itself when viewed on mobile. But that will be the same theme. I am not sure you can use 2 different themes here other than providing a theme switcher option.

I previously thought the function of Gomobile plugin can serve as a theme switching option to help me use Gomobile for mobile and a different desktop theme for PC. I later found out that it can't switch to a different theme. Thanks, I'll go for the alternatives on Responsive themes.
Hey,,what are the best alternative responsive themes u found.Can u pls tell.Actually i m also in a need of it .Will be great if u share it here MySchoolBucks
(2019-03-16, 10:26 AM)John145 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey,,what are the best alternative responsive themes u found.Can u pls tell.Actually i m also in a need of it .WIll be greatr if u share it here.

Re-read my post #2. The answer is there.
The netpen pro looks perfect