MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change position LEFT or RIGHT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I need to change this in xml file I just need the name to place it to left or right position look attachement
I'm not sure what you mean but if you want to remove it and have the theme up it should be on the index template I think?

To align items left and right you can use the following code.
float: right;
float: left;
(2018-10-06, 06:45 PM)M!X0R Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I need to change this in xml file I just need the name to place it to left or right position look attachement

.xml file editing is not necessary nor optimal nor recommended..., you can edit via simple or advanced css & or template editor in acp and is the easy and recommended way to edit theme css or templates in mybb.

But, if you must insist upon editing via xml file..., you can run a find query for name="global.css" and name="index"

In global.css find:

.forum_legend, .forum_legend dt, .forum_legend dd {
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
}
.forum_legend dd {
    margin-right: 10px;
    margin-top: 17px;
}
.forum_legend dt {
    margin-right: 5px;
}

change to:

.forum_legend, .forum_legend dt, .forum_legend dd {
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
}
.forum_legend dd {
    margin-right: 10px;
    margin-top: 17px;
}
.forum_legend dt {
    margin-right: 5px;
}

that controls this part of the index template:

<dl class="forum_legend smalltext">
	<dt><span class="forum_status forum_on" title="{$lang->new_posts}"></span></dt>
	<dd>{$lang->new_posts}</dd>

<dt><span class="forum_status forum_off" title="{$lang->no_new_posts}"></span></dt>
	<dd>{$lang->no_new_posts}</dd>

<dt><span class="forum_status forum_offclose" title="{$lang->forum_closed}"></span></dt>
	<dd>{$lang->forum_closed}</dd>

<dt><span class="forum_status forum_offlink" title="{$lang->forum_redirect}"></span></dt>
	<dd>{$lang->forum_redirect}</dd>
</dl>

Hopefully that is what you meant?  As your support request is fairly vague in explanation. Unless you actually meant "rtl" support of a theme?? like??

direction: rtl;

For that, all existing:

text-align: right;

in theme would need to be changed to:

text-align: left;

And all existing:

text-align: left;

in theme would need to be changed to:

text-align: right;

Not to mention a few left to right & right to left template edits.... and would be beyond the short scope of just a simple initial support response.