MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Private Journals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We want to set up private journals for any of our members who request them.  I've demoed the first couple as separate forums under the category 'Private Journals' with custom permissions.

What is the difference between sub forums and child forums?

Would using sub forums or child forums affect the server load? (One of my co-admins thinks it will.)

Is there an easier way to set this up than separate forums with custom permissions?  Or a set up that will be easier to mange when we get dozens of these journals?
The best option you have is to make one section/forum called Journals. Then apply the Permissions to be View Your Own Thread Only. This means when a user makes a thread they only see their own. One section and multiple journals. Best option to reduce having 500 forums for journals.
That sounds like a better option.  So it's...

Forums and Posts>Forum Management>Edit forum>Set Custom Permissions

And set it to "can only view own treads"

I'll try it. Sounds like it will work.
(2018-10-07, 02:33 AM)JJaxx Wrote: [ -> ]That sounds like a better option.  So it's...

Forums and Posts>Forum Management>Edit forum>Set Custom Permissions

And set it to "can only view own treads"

I'll try it. Sounds like it will work.

More or less yeah that should do the trick for you.
If you have any coding knowledge you could likely duplicate the drafts system someway and use that as a private journal system.