MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Alternative subforum layout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What you will end up with.
[Image: Screenshot_1.jpg]

Templates > Your theme > Forum Bit Templates > forumbit_depth2_forumforumbit_depth2_cat

<tr>
<td class="{$bgcolor}" align="center" width="1"><span class="forum_status forum_{$lightbulb['folder']} ajax_mark_read" title="{$lightbulb['altonoff']}" id="mark_read_{$forum['fid']}"></span></td>
<td class="{$bgcolor}">
<strong><a href="{$forum_url}">{$forum['name']}</a></strong>{$forum_viewers_text}<div class="smalltext">{$forum['description']}{$modlist}</div>
</td>
<td class="{$bgcolor}" align="center" style="white-space: nowrap">{$threads}{$unapproved['unapproved_threads']}</td>
<td class="{$bgcolor}" align="center" style="white-space: nowrap">{$posts}{$unapproved['unapproved_posts']}</td>
<td class="{$bgcolor}" align="right" style="white-space: nowrap">{$lastpost}</td>
{$subforums}
</tr>

Templates > Your theme > Forum Bit Templates > forumbit_subforums

<tr>
<td class="trow1" colspan="6">
<strong>{$lang->subforums}</strong> {$sub_forums}
</td>
</tr>

Definitely grateful that you made this haha. Thanks again.
Really nice! Is there any way how to make the row same background color as the category is?
(2018-10-14, 12:52 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Really nice! Is there any way how to make the row same background color as the category is?

Do you mean the same as the trow? Try this.
<tr>
<td class="{$bgcolor}" colspan="6">
</td>
</tr>
Yes, I mean that.

Your solution is not working, I have tried before my post Sad
(2018-10-14, 04:04 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I mean that.

Try:

Replace forumbit_subforums with:

<tr>
<td class="subhead" colspan="6">
</td>
</tr>

Add to global.css:

.subhead {
	background: #0066a2 url(images/thead.png) top left repeat-x;
	color: #ffffff;	
	padding: 8px;
}

.subhead a:link {
	text-decoration: none;
}

.subhead a:visited {
	text-decoration: none;
}

.subhead a:hover,
.subhead a:active {
	text-decoration: underline;
}

Yes, it is another possibility, anyway I would like to have same color as parent forum... thank you anyway!
(2018-10-14, 05:30 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it is another possibility, anyway I would like to have same color as parent forum... thank you anyway!

Ah, my mistake, as when you said category color I assumed you meant category color and not parent forum color.

(2018-10-14, 04:04 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I mean that.

Anyhoo, iAndrew's solution / suggestion works, but,  if you do it in the depth 2. I only looked at it quickly due to limited time and it may need further tweaks but:

Templates > Your theme > Forum Bit Templates > forumbit_depth2_forum + forumbit_depth2_cat

Finding:

{$subforums}

Changing to:

<tr>
<td class="{$bgcolor}" colspan="6">{$subforums}</td>
</tr>

Templates > Your theme > Forum Bit Templates > forumbit_subforums finding:

<tr>
<td class="trow1" colspan="6">
</td>
</tr>

Revert back to:

Unfortunately it will add an empty row when there is no subforum... but bgcolor is now applied correctly. One step closer to perfection.

check it here: https://www.carcassonneforum.cz/

Is thereany way to fix it?