MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: DarkBB Red Theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So i made the first ever theme for my forum, i still need to convert tables to divs and so on to make it responsive, but this is the theme so far & for being my first ever theme i'm quite proud of it to be honest.

Let me hear some feedback of what you guys think of it.

INDEX:
Link here

THREAD VIEW:
Link here

PROFILE:
Link here

MIDDLE INDEX:
Link here

BOTTOM INDEX / FOOTER:
Link here

It's a work in progress but so far so good imo.
(2018-10-10, 12:38 PM)Devourz Wrote: [ -> ]So i made the first ever theme for my forum, i still need to convert tables to divs and so on to make it responsive, but this is the theme so far & for being my first ever theme i'm quite proud of it to be honest.

INDEX:
Link here

THREAD VIEW:
Link here

PROFILE:
Link here

MIDDLE INDEX:
Link here

BOTTOM INDEX / FOOTER:
Link here

Why didn't you post the images in your thread?
(2018-10-10, 01:01 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-10, 12:38 PM)Devourz Wrote: [ -> ]So i made the first ever theme for my forum, i still need to convert tables to divs and so on to make it responsive, but this is the theme so far & for being my first ever theme i'm quite proud of it to be honest.

INDEX:
Link here

THREAD VIEW:
Link here

PROFILE:
Link here

MIDDLE INDEX:
Link here

BOTTOM INDEX / FOOTER:
Link here

Why didn't you post the images in your thread?

I did at first but it became too messy so i wanted to organize it better.
(2018-10-12, 02:36 AM)DevLife Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-11, 01:10 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but this looks like another ripped theme.

It's not original and I've seen several themes that looks exactly like that.

I agree with Serpius I have far too many forums using the similar themes it just looks edited.
Agreed with Serpius, not a new theme design.

@OP As this is your first design, good work. Try something new in the next one Smile
(2018-10-11, 01:10 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but this looks like another ripped theme.
It's not original and I've seen several themes that looks exactly like that.

0% of my theme is ripped, i edited it from the default theme from scratch, made custom classes & custom css.

(2018-10-12, 02:36 AM)DevLife Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with Serpius I have far too many forums using the similar themes it just looks edited.

As i said above.

(2018-10-12, 12:48 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed with Serpius, not a new theme design.
@OP As this is your first design, good work. Try something new in the next one Smile

Thank you, didn't try to copy other themes, went with my own gutfeeling on what i liked & how i liked it.
A website does not necessarily have to be 100% original. I don’t think executing the OP because it’s not custom theme quality by your standards is particularly fair. All dark themes look really similar. There’s only... so many shades of grey. You can’t do much with that.

Designers take inspiration. Developers commit code. That’s just the way it is. There’s no right or wrong answer as long as it’s not a direct copy paste.
Can we please be sure to keep accusations to a minimum. If you suspect that work is ripped, you may open a thread in the private inquiries section with adequate proof, and appropriate action will be taken.

@OP - Good work with the theme, I would like to see more! Perhaps a light theme next time? Try to introduce new design concepts, and change things up to things that (as was partially mentioned) haven't been seen before, or aren't overly common.
Great work for your first though!
(2018-10-14, 01:49 PM)katos Wrote: [ -> ]Can we please be sure to keep accusations to a minimum. If you suspect that work is ripped, you may open a thread in the private inquiries section with adequate proof, and appropriate action will be taken.

@OP - Good work with the theme, I would like to see more! Perhaps a light theme next time? Try to introduce new design concepts, and change things up to things that (as was partially mentioned) haven't been seen before, or aren't overly common.

I am not the only one that made the same observation regarding this theme.

Only time will tell if this is truly a ripped or an original theme. 
Like I stated before... we will know more once this theme is released.

That's my last comment on this thread.
(2018-10-14, 01:49 PM)katos Wrote: [ -> ]Can we please be sure to keep accusations to a minimum. If you suspect that work is ripped, you may open a thread in the private inquiries section with adequate proof, and appropriate action will be taken.

Thank you, i was thinking of making a light version of the theme, maybe mix in some material color scheme to it.
Well made theme! Keep up the good work.
Pages: 1 2