MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CryptoCurrency v0.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
CryptoCurrency Plugin
myBB 1.6, 1.8

It parse the post and if it encounter myBB crypto code will search for the conversion rate of the desired cryptocurrencies.
It works with multiple crypto and multiple currencies. At this moment it only gives the rate for 1 Crypto.
It works with any cryptocurrency and also with any currency.

It is real time but at this moment is not updating itself the page needs to be updated.

For testing please visit: Plugin Test
Is not released yet as I still have to make some small changes
It will be released on the same site in maximum a couple of days.
Under the License

If you have any suggestions or if you would like some features please post here.
[attachment=41065]
(2018-10-13, 04:59 AM)thor2705 Wrote: [ -> ]CryptoCurrency Plugin
myBB 1.6, 1.8

It parse the post and if it encounter myBB crypto code will search for the conversion rate of the desired cryptocurrencies.
It works with multiple crypto and multiple currencies. At this moment it only gives the rate for 1 Crypto.

It is real time but at this moment is not updating itself the page needs to be updated.

Under the License

If you have any suggestions or if you would like some features please post here.

I already have this plugin for my website. 

It automatically updates itself. 

Review the screenshots.

[Image: cff1980f0fa832117b6fd7907191a394.png]

[Image: 832ee2a9c28136b65cdefc3c891fdb9e.png]
Hi Serpius,
The one that you have is a very nice one, but it is using an API with a limited number of queries.
This one is not using any API, and it can be used to calculate prices or to do comparison, or to convert from one currency to another.
It can be embed in a post, yours is a separate page.

I can do this also, but the users will have to access that page.
And this one is at the beginning, there is a lot that can be done with it.
(2018-10-13, 11:18 AM)thor2705 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Serpius,
The one that you have is a very nice one, but it is using an API with a limited number of queries.
This one is not using any API, and it can be used to calculate prices or to do comparison, or to convert from one currency to another.

If I recall, it queries the CoinMarketCap website every 15 seconds.

[ Originally, it was set to query every 5 seconds, but my hosting company said that it was too many queries per minute. (I have other plugins that do queries per minute) ]

So, the prices are updated continuously at least 4 times per minute, 24 hours a day.
(2018-10-13, 12:35 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-13, 11:18 AM)thor2705 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Serpius,

If I recall, it queries the CoinMarketCap website every 15 seconds.

[ Originally, it was set to query every 5 seconds, but my hosting company said that it was too many queries per minute. (I have other plugins that do queries per minute) ]

So, the prices are updated continuously at least 4 times per minute, 24 hours a day.

That is nice, and being in a page will not get you over the requests limit. But if you want to embed it in a posts and let your users calculate the exchange rate it will get easily over depending on the size of your forum. 
I have looked at it and is nice, also the graphs on the other page are nice too, but still is a page that has to be open to see the numbers
At this moment I don't have any scripting on the page to refresh the numbers, and depending on the usage I don't really need it.
This one will be more like a conversion tool at the time when the conversion is needed and for that the numbers will be the latest ones.
Hello guys and gals, I need some feed back as to what can be the application for this information.
As of now you can insert in post the cryptocurrency and get the exchange rate on any of the currency or crypto you want.
I would like to make it more attractive (will still be a free plugin) but I can't think at anything from the top of my head.
Post any ideas that you have and you think will be useful.
[Image: Shot-0001.png]

Looks cool Toungue

Demo: https://forum.sinfulsite.com/crypto.php
(2018-10-13, 08:38 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-13, 04:59 AM)thor2705 Wrote: [ -> ]CryptoCurrency Plugin
myBB 1.6, 1.8

Under the License

I already have this plugin for my website. 

Review the screenshots.

[Image: cff1980f0fa832117b6fd7907191a394.png]

[Image: 832ee2a9c28136b65cdefc3c891fdb9e.png]

Do you still have this plugin?