MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Effective spam prevention
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! first I want to thank you for the awesome forum, best one so far!

I installed it yesterday for the first time on a popular domain and here's how it looks like a copule hours after the installation:

[attachment=41066]

I'm very familiar with the problem ( I tried dozen of forums) and I have never found a solution except: shutting down the forum.

How do you deal with ths effectively ?

I was thinking, what if the first post needs to be approved in order to be displayed ?

P.s. English is not my first language, sorry about that.
- flood control settings for users, especially newly registered users
- make a new user group of trusted users that users are promoted to after a few weeks or 10 "clean" posts
- set registered and new users unable to create threads
- use stopforumspam.com and other tools to verify users during registration
- worst case: set all new registrations to be approved by admin before they can log in / post
(2018-10-13, 07:01 PM)usernam Wrote: [ -> ]Hi! first I want to thank you for the awesome forum, best one so far!

I installed it yesterday for the first time on a popular domain and here's how it looks like a copule hours after the installation:

I'm very familiar with the problem ( I tried dozen of forums) and I have never found a solution except: shutting down the forum.

How do you deal with ths effectively ?

I was thinking, what if the first post needs to be approved in order to be displayed ?

P.s. English is not my first language, sorry about that.

Along with @linguist suggestions, install a plugin called Spam Blocker & Auto Ban. Get it HERE.