MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with reCAPTCHA for lost password
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(How do I disable reCAPTCHA for lost password but keep it for registration of new members?)

Please see post #3 for edited question. Thank you!
You can try removing it from template but it's really not a smart move.

For example, I and several more people can go to your site and force-spam hundreds of emails to come through your forget password option and report them as spam and then google will put your emails into spam, or even worse if you have limited emails you can send by your email provider will leave your with 0 mails left. Big Grin
Okay, maybe I should rephrase my question then. As it is now, nobody can request a lost password, as an error shows saying:

"Please correct the following errors before continuing:
Please solve the reCAPTCHA to verify that you're not a robot."

but no reCAPTCHA to be solved is shown.

I'm presuming it might be that something in my theme (Square) is not updated. I'm planning to switch themes, but am not quite ready to do that yet, and my users who have lost their password need to be able to retrieve a new one until then.

Help!
try using the MyBB captcha - i presume you're using the other one.
(2018-10-14, 10:24 AM)amanda_2011 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, maybe I should rephrase my question then. As it is now, nobody can request a lost password, as an error shows saying:

I'm presuming it might be that something in my theme (Square) is not updated. I'm planning to switch themes, but am not quite ready to do that yet, and my users who have lost their password need to be able to retrieve a new one until then.

Help!

Get Google Captcha for your website. Go to Google Captcha

Very easy to obtain the keys that you will need. 

Then setup the Captcha as shown in the screenshot.

[Image: e8d7ad5af3ed08c2be2b3c7f38d4462a.png]
(2018-10-14, 10:37 AM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]try using the MyBB captcha - i presume you're using the other one.

Thanks, that worked!

(2018-10-14, 12:08 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-14, 10:24 AM)amanda_2011 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, maybe I should rephrase my question then. As it is now, nobody can request a lost password, as an error shows saying:

Help!

Get Google Captcha for your website. Go to Google Captcha

Very easy to obtain the keys that you will need. 

Then setup the Captcha as shown in the screenshot.

[Image: e8d7ad5af3ed08c2be2b3c7f38d4462a.png]

I had the keys and reCAPTCHA was working fine for registration but not for lost password.