MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Attempting To Insert Link From Giphy.com - The Giphy Fails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It was brought up 2 years ago in this THREAD, but there were no responses or solutions to this issue.

As stated in that thread, I did the same thing as stated in the above thread.

I inserted a link from Giphy.com and all I get is a broken image icon AFTER I click on the Post Thread button.

In the editor mode, I can see the Giphy just fine and it plays for 4-5 seconds with no issues in the editor mode.

However, as soon as I post the thread, it becomes a broken image icon. 

Obviously, I can't use the video link method because technically, it's not a video or movie. 

Oh, it does happen here in MyBB.com which uses the default MyBB theme.

Is there a workaround for this issue?
Hi,

I posted in your forums 2 Giphy gifs (one proxied and one with the original URL), and them show up without any problem.

Here in MyBB.com there's a problem with the plugin/mod used for camo.mybb.com

PS: delete my posts in your forum  Wink
(2018-10-14, 04:17 PM)NoRules Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I posted in your forums 2 Giphy gifs (one proxied and one with the original URL), and them show up without any problem.

Here in MyBB.com there's a problem with the plugin/mod used for camo.mybb.com

PS: delete my posts in your forum  Wink

I know my website can accept Giphy, but here in MyBB.com, it cannot.

That is where the issue is.
Ahm, ok.

As your post was in the General Support section, I supposed it happens in your forum too.

When it only happens in mybb.com you must post it in MyBB Project & Site Issues section.
(2018-10-14, 04:53 PM)NoRules Wrote: [ -> ]Ahm, ok.

As your post was in the General Support section, I supposed it happens in your forum too.

When it only happens in mybb.com you must post it in MyBB Project & Site Issues section.

Yes, that is true, however, it's directly involved with MyBB's default theme

So, it's a little bit of both.
(2018-10-14, 04:17 PM)NoRules Wrote: [ -> ]Here in MyBB.com there's a problem with the plugin/mod used for camo.mybb.com

Hi again, as I said, it's not a problem with MyBB's default theme.